How do I make my baby grow into an intelligent child?

I have a two month old baby boy and I want him to grow up into an intelligent person. I know that we have to start them young and learning starts in the home. How do I "tickle his brain" so that he will be an intellectual person when he grows up. What sort of toys helps, and child training to educate him early.

Favorite Answer

All children are born with a love for learning and an ability to learn. The best possible things you can do to help your child grow up to love learning and treasure knowledge are:

Read to them. Start reading to them now. REad to them whenever possible. The earlier you start and the more fun you make it, the more they will learn to love books.

Let them see you reading. Make reading and the pursuit of knowledge an important part of your family life.

Let learning be fun, and let fun be learning. When your child asks a question (why is the sky blue) come up with an answer that is appropriate for their age, but also urge them to come up with their own reasons. Flexibility of mind and the will to question and discover is a key part of intelligence.

Make being smart, and learning, something 'cool'. Have your heroes be smart people.

Expose your children to culture in age-approriate ways. Sure, you can't take a toddler to the opera, but a lot of orchestras perform in parks and the like, and that's a great way to expose children to the arts while they play and go about what's fun for them.

Encourage question asking. Especially ages 4-7, the constant questions can be annoying. Never show that you are annoyed. Make sure they know that you think that asking questions is a good thing.

Encourage finding out for themselves. Keep a dictionary in the house and make sure they know where to find and use it. Keep writing and drawing supplies in the house for them to practice on whenever the feeling strikes. Let them see you using it too.

1

Source(s): Teaching Children to Read http://emuy.info/ChildrenLearningReading

Here's my opinion: Turn off that TV set for at least 2 years--the longer the better. Talk to him--constantly, in real sentences and with real words. Hold him a lot. Read to him. Sing to him.

There are no specific toys that are better than any others--with the possible exception of books read by the parent to the child. The object is to provide an enriched environment. That means lots of different things to experience. Let him feel, smell, taste (not quite yet though), hear, see everything (that's safe for him). Let him explore. The synapses in the brain are developing so rapidly right now (and for the next few years) that the more different things he can be exposed to, the more easily he can learn all sorts of different subject matter in the future.

Let him learn through play. Play with a parent is the best. Play with peers is good. Always make learning fun--it's easier to learn and gets them started enjoying learning. Never push too hard. Let him lead.

The more variety a child is exposed to the better. You'll need: sand, water, blocks, cards, chalk or marker board, any games or toys that count, have abc's, phonics, vocabulary on them. Don't baby talk after they say their first word. A two year old can say and understand Phonetic, Alphabet, Bathroom, Remote Control, Grocery Store. But you have to use the big words when you talk to them and not just with other adults. Also experience is key. You can't teach a love for science without cloud watching and stargazing. A parent who stays home to teach lessons and take trips is best but don't expect much from a daycare. If you can't stay home but you want your child to not be 6 and struggling to count to 50 you'll have to do a "learning center", basically a private school for wee ones.

Read him a lot of books, just two or three words per page is fine for now, and like 2-3 books a day. Point at the pictures so he can associate a picture with a word. When you talk to him, always speak clearly, try not to "baby talk", as this will cause him to speak that way as well.Whenever you do something with him, explain what you are doing and why. I have done this since I brought my baby home, and she amazes me with bigger and better words everyday. She is 19 months old, and can say three word sentences very clearly. She can also count to three already. She also says please and thankyou for everything, it is important to teach good manners.I would not recommend cartoons. I have never let her watch cartoons, and she is very smart for her age. I do let her watch movies that teach her things. She can name her eyes, ears, nose, mouth and toes, and point to them when asked. I wish you the best of luck, time flys by, you only get one chance to be a mother, so make the best of it. Before long, he will be talking your ear off, and it is the greatest gift in the world!!

Source(s): Proud mother of one

The quandary that numerous parents end up in is they don't really have the time to look for the correct eBook s and learning structure with which to show their children but with this plan https://tr.im/Ij4Zr , Children Learning Reading this problem is arrived at a end.

Children Learning Reading is very detailed, and your child may have number problems assimilating the instructions whilst the lessons are well-designed. Because the system is dependant on phonetics, the learning process is gradual.

In Children Learning Reading program the classes are unique and can't be present in other understanding methods.

Bright toys with contrasting colours. I.e. Lots of Black, white, yellow and red. Interactive toys. Blocks, things that can be sorted into colours or shapes. Cut down on TV. But above all, interact with him yourself. Nothing beats one on one play. Read to him, tell him about the objects around him and always tell him what is going on. Don't be too focused on producing a genius - just give him good quality attention.

Through stimulation in many aspects. Start by letting your baby touch different kind of materials and objects.

When your baby gets older, try different kinds of colours. Speak clearly to your baby, this will help with speech development.

Touch her skin as often as possible, this helps with intimicy issues later in life. Baby messaging is also effecient for this.

From a year old, let your baby attend a creshe or daymother. They have different kinds of technologies which also stimulates your baby, help improving their vision, touch, smell and these important skills your child will need later in life.

Otherwise buy a book which teach mothers how to stimulate their children.

lots of touch, and talking all the time. Even if it's just you and him. My daughter has a HUGE vocabulary and she is only 3 1/2. But I talked to her all the time. While I gave her a bath or changed diapers, I would say what I was doing. I think it's one reason she talks so well. Also trying to feed their creativity. Reading books, and singing songs.

Creative thinking.

Have non-implying conversations.... Be flexible and question your child a lot....

Tell your child he/she can observe events in order to understand how the function. If it become a habit, it'll trigger their capacity to rearrenge observable factors, like we do with numbers in mathematics.

Never let your child copy information to a irrelevant extention.... always care for the understanding before caring for the knowledge. Let he/she discover things his/her self.

Teach them with depth the meaning of the words criticism and connotation.