Cutting Edge asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Did you notice this?

During TNA iMPACT tonight, Spike TV ran an ad for Smackdown! vs. RAW 2008. Anyone else find this odd? Could Vince be behind TNA and just using it to start a ratings war so people will get back into WWE?

Update:

Dude, don't use Wikipedia as a source. I refuse to accept it. Not only the commercials, but all the guys from WWE are going to TNA and getting pushed HARD. Why would Jarrett allow these pushes? It seems like he'd want the original guys to shine just as much.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What Vince once dismissed as a second-rate promotion is now becoming a viable threat and he's taken notice. He would only back TNA if he knew he could buy them out. This is just his way of making sure fans don't start making the switch much like they did back in the 90's with Nitro. He can't afford another confrontation like that. It just made good business sense to buy cheap ad-time and keep fans watching his product. TNA should do the same thing now.

• 1 decade ago

Jeff and Jerry Jarrett own TNA NOT Vince. The reason WWE cast offs get pushed is because they have name value over the originals. TNA pushes them cause they want to have wrestlers casual fans are familiar with. Anywho this is not odd as WCW would run adds during Raw in the Monday night wars it just a promotion stunt.

• 1 decade ago

If people stop and think for a minure WWE was on the Spike network before the split between Raw and Smack down . Vince quit them whlen spike started because of a disagreement between he and them, but I am sure he has enough money to by advertising from them. And I am sure the network will accept his money as well as anyone elses.

• Highly unlikely. Plus everybody knows TNA was founded by the Jarretts, which is why Jeff Jarrett was the champion as much as he was. Spike TV would be one of the perfect places to market SVR don't you think? It shouldn't matter where you put your commercials as long as its being paid for. But for some reason, I still think it might be a conflict of interest for Spike TV and TNA.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think Jeff Jarrett is pushing former WWE superstars because they're already well known amongst the crowd, have wrestling experience and great skills e.g. Kurt angle, Christian and Booker T have been wrestling for ages they all know how to put on an excellent match, make promos and carry on storylines.

• 1 decade ago

To add one thing to Mr. Perfect, TNA airs commercials from time too time during WWE shows as well. All they have to do is buy some advertising time, it isn't that unusual.

• Mr. X
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I want to see WWE vs. TNA in the near future just like WWE vs. WCW/ECW.

• Axl
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

vince owns every big wrestling company ....ECW WWE TNA and i think 1 mexican wrestling but hes in 50/50 with some other guy ...but yes probly trying to reinvent wwe vs WCW

• 1 decade ago

No way that happening

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

would be cool but i doubt it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.