Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving day?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I do celebrate it. It's a family together day.

@>}----}----

AD

• 1 decade ago

Yes, my family celebrates Thanksgiving day. Of course because we are a religiously diverse family (mom is nondenominational Protestant Christian, dad is Jehovah's Witness, my sister is nonreligious, and I'm a Hindu.....and that's just my immediate family the extended family includes Buddhists, Atheists, Christians from many denominations, Agnostics, etc...but on Thanksgiving day it's just my immediate family) it isn't very religiously observed. We each pray silently to ourselves or meditate, reflect, etc for about a minute or two before we eat, then we eat the food. Sometimes we have a "traditional" Thanksgiving meal, but most of the time it's just a regular meal....except the pie (we only seem to eat pie on holidays). This year, however, my sis will be with my neice's daddy visiting for Thanksgiving in the city where he lives, so that just leaves my mom, dad, and me to have dinner together and talk, etc.....assuming my dad is in town for Thanksgiving. He may go visit his sister in Kansas for Thanksgiving. If he is in town, chances are since my sis and neice aren't here that he'll either just invite us to his house or my mom and I will meet him at a local restaurant that serves Thanksgiving dinner there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, I just eat really well, hang out with friends and family, drink a lot, and watch football on that day. But I don't celebrate.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes the whole family meets for turkey, drinking and football.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • .PANiC
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

My family eats turkey and watches football if that's what you mean by celebrating it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, and I refuse to put up even one cmas decoration before thanksgiving

Source(s): FORMER atheist praising Jesus
  • 1 decade ago

this is not a religious holiday.

why would you ask this in r & s?

• 1 decade ago

No, I no longer do...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.