Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Was I rude? Please answer quickly!!!!!?

I just sent my professor an email, it said," I can't get this file to work on this program, why? thank you." Was that "why?" a rudeish why? should have I said why is that please?, or why is that? Was I rude, should I send her an apology letter? Please Answer me!

Favorite Answer

Of course that was rude! You wrote to her as if you were her boss! You better call her and apologise!!!

• jc

I don't think you meant to be rude, but it probably would really be better to send her an additional email with more details....

It would probably also help if you called tech support first, got their advice, and then follow up with your professor. Usually, file formats, programs, etc. are the domain of whichever department controls the technical stuff, the professor might not have the access to whatever is needed to help you.

I would just follow up with a quick email saying that you were a little freaked, and here are a few more details (example: the computer says the file can't be accessed with X program, etc.) ... we're accustomed to people freaking out and needing help desperately, but what really does bother us is when people don't give us enough details to help them.

Hope this helps :)

Source(s): I'm an online professor

It's fine. Dont worry about it. Just next time remember when you email your professor/teacher you should be pretty formal.

Instead you should have wrote:

Hi [teacher name],

I can't get this file to work on [say name] program. Do you know why?

Thanks,

[your name]

Source(s): email teachers all the time

Your getting an F

not rude

• undone

Not rude, short and to the point. Email is different than in person. She likely would not have really read past the why anyway. NOt rude at all. :)

haha.. please calm down, my friend.

yes, it does sound a little bit too informal for a professor.

that "why" was perfectly fine for a friend but not so much for a professor.

i don't think you should go that far as to write an apology letter, but you could explain to your professor that you weren't thinking about it when you were writing that email.

i think she would understand.

from what i see here, you are a person who tries to be polite most of the time..

so this one mistake wont do that much harm.

take care and becareful (:

Rude shmood. Don't worry about it. Why? is used all the time by people. It's just getting to the point of the email simply. You don't need to worry, believe me. At least you said 'thank you'.

Did you know that in French, why? is Pourquoi?

Well it wasn't rude. In fact I bet she appreciates the shortness of it. I'm sure she understands what you meant, but if it's eating at you and sending another email explaining yourself will help you feel better, then go ahead.

it sounds really normal. youre just asking why you cant get a file to work on a program. it would sound weird if you didnt ask why. dont worry. she wont take it the way youre taking it. and you said thank-you so youre definately being considerate and grateful, not rude.

P.s. i guess you like youre professor alot huh?

Being a woman happens on the onset of puberty - this isn't any longer in basic terms the classes and the breasts, there are systemic adjustments on your physique and ideas that ensue throughout the time of puberty. as quickly as performed, they are irreversible: even submit-op transsexuals have physique features of their unique gender. to respond to your question, in case you have reached puberty, then you're a woman: no longer something in need of direct intervention via between the Gods will exchange this. definite, you will nevertheless get discharges, as they in particular come from glands interior the vagina, no longer the uterus. definite, you will nevertheless be susceptible to STIs and HIV - they are handed on with the aid of intimate touch. area effects would be early onset of osteoporosis, greater danger of heart assaults, vastly greater danger of stroke, and getting previous of the floor. As for the organic and organic clock, it particularly is the (organic) desire to have babies weighed up against the quantity of time you need to viably have one - if yours is ticking, then you do desire to have babies. out of your previous postings, you have given your age besides above the onset of puberty, so which you're a woman. there's no longer something and no one who can exchange this

I'll probably be turned into the Yahoo cops for this answer.

You have social anxiety.

If your professor gives you the finger the next time you meet ......I know I'm no help.