Fellow Christians, a Gay Marriage question?

I know, I know, so many of these. But I am curious what my fellow brethren believe. I am born again yet I do not see why we should stop the state from allowing gay marriage. I dont necessarily agree with it; however I cannot see why we arent allowing it to be legislated. Marriage in our eyes is a beautiful... show more I know, I know, so many of these. But I am curious what my fellow brethren believe. I am born again yet I do not see why we should stop the state from allowing gay marriage. I dont necessarily agree with it; however I cannot see why we arent allowing it to be legislated. Marriage in our eyes is a beautiful coupling created by God for the purposes of a man and woman to live together and a representative of Christ and the Church. The state just issues marriage licenses and certificates and could care less who marries you as long as they are ordained or a public official. If the state isnt going to favor one religion over another and a state certificate is not ordained by God why does it matter if others get a state license and certificate? They dont have to be married in Christian churches. I know this may sound a bit conviluted as I threw it together, however I hope it makes enough sense to answer. Thanks and Gods peace :)
Update: Tuberoot, I too am tired of seeing homosexuality as the posterchild to sin in the eyes of Christians. We all sin and fall short, this is just a divisive tool that is polarizing us all.