Magic the Gathering Deck Basis, and improvement?

I've been taking a long break from MTG, and I wish to refresh my lost skill. My skill isn't entirely impressive to begin with, but ah well.

I Do NOT follow any bans. Games are between friends.

I'd like to know a good, solid way to construct either...

A Dimir deck.

In here, I plan to have Szadek in sideboard, but the 4 Glimpses of Unthinkable I possess in the library at all times. Other key cards here I own here I wish to build upon are 2 Scalpelxis and 2 Raven Guild M.

A black deck concentrating on the death/rebirth of creatures. Simple cards like Terror are good bases for this, but I'm unsure where to take it from there to assault my opponent. My thoughts do not drift far from Animate dead.

Finally, any kind of deck that isn't insanely expensive.

I'm willing to try new things except for white

I just would like to hear suggestions, and I'm not asking anyone to answer all 3 things. Any insight to a strong deck (or a site address I can buy low-priced cards from) will be appreciated

• Steve
    Favorite Answer

Dimir Deck

I would add in Ambassador Laquatus. Nice mill effect everyturn at the end of their turn. Also, you can't go wrong with Traumatize. Lose half their library for 3UU.

Black Deck

I would add in Debtors' Knell. It takes any creature from any graveyard and puts it into play under your control. But it costs 4 (B/W)(B/W)(B/W). Then there's Grave Pact. If you lose a creature, they do too. Innocent blood makes everyone sac a creature which isn't bad.

If you want to see a list of popular decks, go here.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=456567

as far as your black deck is concerned I would add some grave pacts, theres a new card called mortivore whose power and toughness are each equal to the number of creature cards in all graveyards...with regen.

since your going with a mil condition I would also recommend a Shimian Spector and a Circu, Dimir Lobotomist and maybe add some Lobotomy's as well...Dimir Doppelganger is good especially after a Damnation.