Should I keep the cold sore scab dry or moist?

I have had a cold sore for 6 days and now it is at the scabbing stage. The scab is big and doesn't look like it wants to come off. From the start of the cold sore I have been trying to keep the area dry. Should I moisturize the scab? would it help to fall of faster? or Should I just keep it dry? I am meeting my bf's parents in 5 days for thanksgiving! PLEASE HELP!

Favorite Answer

It really depends on your skin type.If you have oily skin,like me,I would GENTLY wash it with soap in water.Works on me.Maybe some of that abreva stuff too.Other wise I would just put medicated chapstick on it and hope for the best.^^Hope this helped.:P

Source(s): Me

1

Source(s): Cure Cold Sore Naturally : http://coldsore.ohfos.com/?FUz

Cure Cold Sores

or Herpes Simplex Type I Naturally?

attempt to not pull the scabs off, it could reason scarring too. What continually worked for me is as quickly as i'm able to experience them coming... I start up taking benadryl... yup over-the-counter benadryl.. i've got not had yet another outbreak by using fact that.