Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 1 decade ago

What do you do at stoplights?

Have you ever pulled up next to someone who is picking there nose, or singing along to a song and they look retarded?

Wellll I want to know what you do at traffic lights?

Favorite Answer

I normally say to the man walking toward my car;

" If that sponge touches my windscreen, I'll ram it where the sun don't shine"

• Nick

I stop and wait for it to change listen to the radio and look in other cars. For the people who run lights just to run them I hope a cop it sitting behind a sign and sees you doing that, if you have an emergency though then run that light like on the way to the hospital if someones dying I'll run your *** right down and keep on going. I won't be proud of it but you do what you gotta do.

I sit there and stew. I stare at the redlight so intently that I can see the heat that dissipates from the bulb. It becomes so intense when it comes time to go, I don't take off when the green light comes on, I go when the red light turns off.

I flash my lights in hopes that by doing so the stop light will turn green, like it does for fire trucks.

Then I think about the snapple cap that says something like, on average a person spends a very long part of his or her life at a stoplight.

• Watsit

I sit there, willing the lights to change!

I also put the car in neutral and as soon as I do, 9 times out of 10, the lights change!

Probably just coincidence, but it keeps me happy! lol

• Bast

Sometimes I'm singing. Sometimes I text a short message (but never while actually driving that is WAY to dangerous). Or just chill out and think for those few minutes about something that is nagging at my brain.

Yell at the light to turn GREEN and sometimes pick a green winner.

• mw

Wait for the light to turn green

Look at the scenery

Let's seeeeeee. I clean out the car, like by putting trash in a bag, I try to get my iPod to shuffle songs instead of play them alphabetical, I sometimes take cell phone pictures of goofy stuff I want to show my wife, like odd paint jobs, I adjust my wallet so it isn't digging a hole in my butt, (women don't sit on their purses) and I sometimes send text messages.

I think about why it's taking so goddamn long for the light to turn green. Sometimes I do run the redlight if there is no one around.