Would You Watch Family Guy Without Seth MacFarlane?

Fox has decided on working on new Family Guy Episodes without Seth. I say we the fans should not watch these episodes and write angry letters on behalf of our favorite show.

Hollywood writers went on strike. Seth is one of them. Family Guy was resurrected because, in part, of the incredible DVD sales (it was the best selling DVD that year). But Fox does not want to give more $mula$ from DVD sales to the creators of the show. Anyone who has seen the Family Guy DVDs can agree that they deserve the extra revenues. Family Guy on DVD is an entirely new experience. The episodes are longer and DVD extras are worth it. TV station say no way and writers of almost every show said see ya later. Fox continued working on the last three episodes of Family Guy without Seth's blessing. Seth warned them not to or else. This might be the end of the best cartoon sitcom ever produced.

Favorite Answer

Needless to say, Fox is a mayor ******. I agree on not watching these shows. I am guessing though that the voices were already recorded and all Fox is doing is "finishing" the episodes. If they are recording with sound alikes then say good bye to Family Guy as we know it. The end of one of the greatest shows ever might be near. Too bad that Fox's head is waaay far up their bum.

It's like everybody has already said. American dad, or family guy would be doomed without Seth. Thats an idiotic decision. I hope they read these opinions.

Source(s): Common sense

No. That is such a dumb thing for Fox to do. Why bother to watch that? This is why the writers and actors that create the work are important. You can't just replace people and have it be as good as it was originally. If you tune in to see Elvis and it's just some random guy in a jumpsuit with big hair , you turn the TV off. Accept no substitutions.

Those shows are going to be garbage.I guess this explains that writers strike. The studios are really greedy a**h*les.

that would be a real stupid move on Fox's part. Seth MacFarlane IS Family Guy. i certainly wouldn't watch it without him. as lovesongangel pointed out he does tons of the voices as well, including the most popular characters. what will they do about American Dad? i don't like it nearly as much but i watch it because MacFarlane created it, and like Family Guy he does plenty of voices for it including the main characters.

I'm with you, ultraj1004 we fans should boycott the show if they do produce new episodes without Seth MacFarlane.

I am all for boycotting the show if Fox airs it without Seth. I am so upset and annoyed by the fact they would even consider doing that. Family Guy IS Seth...and it won't be the same without him. Great idea...take an awesome show and KILL IT...YEAH GO FOX!

I probably wouldn't watch it, because Seth has soo much creativity as he is the creator. Also they would have to use voice clips from previous episodes making it very unoriginal and boring. Fox will kill Family Guy if they are not careful!!!!

Source(s): I love Family Guy to much to let this happen to it **** Picks up gun ****. I'll be back to talk later. :P:P

why would they do that if it was not for him lets face it there is no family guy!!!!

I am getting so sick of these TV station big wigs who think they know what is better for the show the the writers and creators of it. I wish they would wake up with out Seth Macfarlane it is not family guy!!! BTW- if they were to do this who is going to do the voices since he does do most of them? AKC- .... Stewie Griffin / Peter Griffin / Brian Griffin / Glen Quagmire / Tom Tucker plus the creatore of the show

Family Guy is a creatively bankrupt and ground-breakingly lazy TV show that is best viewed as short sound bite clips on YouTube. Apparently, people watch whole episodes for Seth McFarlane's non-sequitur pop culture references sprinkled into the dialogue. I guess people might tune out if some other hack was dragged in to imitate Seth's lame cutaway gags, but I for one would not be able to tell the difference at all.

Source(s): My objectivity when it comes to quality comedy

NOOOO

I mean, he's the voice of all the main male characters like Stewie, Peter, and Brian, as well as Tom Tucker and Quagmire. Plus he created teh show adn writes it. How could you watch it withought him??

you were misinformed. seth mcfarland created the show, and he voices at least 3 main characters. so he pretty much IS family guy.