Acne??? Help!?

I'm almost 13 and I'm having breakouts on my face, mostly around my nose. What inexpensive product should I use to help it clear up? (Currently I'm using CVS brand facial cleanser)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi there!

the 1st thing that you can try is an over-the-counter cream of gel formulated with benzoyl peroxide. It works by mildly irritating the skin, which encourages dying skin cells to flake off. This helps reopen clogged pores. In addition, benzoyl peroxide also kills the bacteria that infect clogged pores.

Besides that, you may also try tea-tree oil on blemishes to discourage infection and speed healing. You should dab a drop of tea-tree oil on your acne three times a day, for effective healing.

For other natural remedies for acne treatment, you can read abt them here: http://acne.best-health-remedy.com/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First thing.. go see a dermatologist It is better to stay away from proactive and anything else if you have sensitive skin/acne prone skin. . Secondly, buy "Trisan" or "Teraseptic" facewash (shoppers and most pharma plus stores carry it), do not use any other facewashes on your face while using this one. This is a mild wash without scent, which helps especially those with sensitive skin. Thirdly, ask your dermatologist to suggest a good toner to use after the face wash.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Proactive or Acne free cleansing kits are the best things for topical remedies, but your diet may be whats causing breakouts.

Source(s): Finally beat acne after 17 years.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wash face morning and night ..drink plenty of water..and make sure the products you buy dont have much alcohol in them as this is not good for the skin, so check out the ingredients in the products before you buy them.

Source(s): fully qualified beauty therapy in 3 weeks =]
  • 1 decade ago

Visit www.beeplus.myflpbiz.com. Go to shop now and then to skin care and get yourself some Aloe Scrub. Use it daily and enjoy the results.

Source(s): www.beeplus.myflpbiz.com
  • 1 decade ago

i don't get acne really bad, but i find this helps when i do:

after you wash your face at night (which you must...EVERY night), apply an ANTIBIOTIC cream (like Neosporin, i use one called Polysporin)... they are designed to help heal cuts (or acne/blemishes), keep them from getting infected/getting worse, AND help minimize scarring. if i'm broken out, i sleep with it on my face and i wake up looking 20 times better.

i usually don't even need makeup the next day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mix lemon juice, rose water and glycerin in equal quantities. Apply daily before retiring to bed.Check out http://useinfo-acne.blogspot.com/ for more useful info.

• 1 decade ago

I would try pro active or another one that is really good and simple is by Philosophy and its called "purity", really good stuff. you can get it from nordstrom.com or qvc.

• 1 decade ago

neutrogena....that always works for me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.