James L asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How do I dispose of large amounts of dog manure , daily ?

My wife is a dog breeder with somewhere arround 43 miniature dachshunds plus various amounts of puppys .

• DP
    Favorite Answer

WOW.. that is a whole ton of dogs.. You should contact your county / animal control / SPCA and ask them what you need to do with that much dog poop.. They might have laws for that kind of thing in your area.. That's a lot of poop, and a whole lot of dogs.. How come she needs so many dogs?? You can't possibly breed that many dogs in a year or every other year, and give the puppies proper attention.. Can't give the adults the attention and care they need.. Why wouldn't you cut way back.. You'll have a whole lot less dog poop to clean up.

Call the Clinton Campaign... they churn out HUGE amounts of manure on a daily basis...

Seriously, call around to local garden centers. I know that steer manure is sometimes processed and sold as fertilizer. I don't know if dog manure can be used like that (there may be acidity issues...I know that when my dogs pooped it wasn't great for the grass) but it is certianly worth investigating. Some of the companies that make fertilzer (esp. the "green" ones) may view all that poop as a resource, rather than a burden. The garden center would know what companies make and sell organic fertilzer. Get their names and look them up on the web to get their contact info. Its worth a shot.

• drb

Sounds like you need a dog septic tank. Here's a link to some, search "dog septic tanks" to find other sources.

Not sure what you mean by Council, but I throw out about 20 pounds of **** a week into my regular trash.

I've seen fecal disposers, not plastic bags, in catalogs - I don't have a clue how they work. Google canine fecal disposers.

holy crap! that is a whole lotta crap! LOL

i thought i had a lot with 10 chiuahua's.

the garbage men carry away my dog crap...