How long does cocktail sauce last in a jar once it has been opened?

Its a store bought jar and has been in the Refrigerator

Favorite Answer

check date on jar and stick with that.

Cock tail sauce is primarily made from ketchup and horseradish sauce, neither of which go bad at any speed in the fridge.

The date on the jar is the best to go by. It's like any condiment or salad dressing, mayo, etc. Go by the date on the jar... not by how long it's been opened.

I love shrimp and cocktail sauce, have been eating it all my life! Never gotten sick!

Of course, only morons dips the shrimp directly in the jar, and then keep the rest!

Not very long. Remember it contains tomatoes. And tomatoes have alot of acid in them. Open the jar and see if there is water on top of the sauce. If there is throw it out. Especially if you have dip and sea food in it. Alot of people I know like to dip there shrimp in the jar as there eating. It sounds kind of nasty but I personally would serve my self in and small plate and put the rest in the refrigerator.

We just found some cocktail sauce with an expiration date from 7 years ago. It was all we could find and ate it. Tasted just fine and no ill affects!

6 months once opened in the fridge

i am not sure I think you have to consume within a few weeks once opened, but check the lable