I'm turning 18 on election day next year. Can I still vote?

My birthday is November 4. Next year, I am turning 18, but my birthday happens to fall exactly on Election Day. Can I still vote? How does it work? Do I register beforehand?

Favorite Answer

It depends on what state you live in. Some states let you register while you are 17 so long as you are 18 by the date of the election.

To find out for sure, click on the following link and find your state. This will answer your question as well as tell you when your registration deadline is.

http://www.declareyourself.com/voting_faq/state_by...

Source(s): www.declareyourself.com

It relies upon on the place you're at on cut-off dates for voter registration. Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and Washington D.C. have some sort of Election Day Voter Registration aka same Day Voter-Registration. Maine had same-day voter registration till June 2011 while it exchange into revoked, even though it exchange into reinstated via a referendum vote interior the 2011 election (so Maine has same-day voter registration). North Dakota has no voter registration. maximum states have a time decrease of 30 days till now the election on voter registration. verify with the state which you reside in to confirm the small print.

Register a head of time. You must 18 on the day of the election.

Happy birthday, you get to vote!

• That's a good question. Look up your local board of elections and give them a call. They will be able to give you a definite answer and tell you what you need to do if you can register early so you can vote on your birthday.

Yes, vote for the real man: Mitt Romney!

yeah, you do have to register before hand, so i would say wait till the following year. it's good that your so enthusiastic, but you'll most likely have to wait one more year.

who cares about votin