Do you change with the seasons?

And, if so, which season is your favorite "self"?

• zingis
    Favorite Answer

Not really. I only really feel differently in autumn.

It makes me feel alive... odd connection... when things are dying off, I'm coming alive.

I think it goes to my younger days when the beginning of school in the fall was a 'rebirth' for me. I was a smart kid and that was the time of year I really got to shine. And knowledge has always been a favourite pursuit.

So, obviously, from that little explanation I'd say my favourite self matches autumn.

Peace

• ?

Early Fall is my favorite. The weather is the best, perhaps appreciated a bit more since there are signs that it will soon end. I become a great deal more productive with a chill in the air. I begin to think more and more of a childhood cartoon, involving a lazy grasshopper and some really industrious ants getting ready for winter.

I hate winter the most. The cold is not pleasant, but the long periods of darkness are the worse! I find it ridiculous that the sun should set at 4:30! When are we going to put a large mirror in orbit!

The Spring and Summer are my comatose seasons. I would say more but I typically don't remember much other than house repairs and bad golf.

Yes, my moods change with the seasons (though the basic core remains unchanged). I was born and brought up in New Delhi (the Capital city of India, if you don't know) and the climate of this lovely city is extreme. Extreme heat in Summers, extreme cold in Winters. Only rains are sparse. So, we all used to wait for rainy season after extreme heat of summer months and when it would rain the whole city used to celebrate by soaking in it and eating spicy, fried snacks(dieting be damned!), we would live it up any which way. That used to be my favourite "self"--carefree, uninihibited, full of joy and laughter; more so because it coincided with my childhood and early youth.

But then I shifted to Mumbai, another big city (The financial capital of India), after my marriage. This being the coastal city has every season in moderation except, The Rains. Full Four months of rains!!! That was too much to handle. I was no longer a carefree young girl. Now I had responsiblities of keeping a good house alongwith commuting long distance for my job. Clothes wouldn't dry. I couldn't dress pretty. My hair looked lank, everything was dull and drab. I started hating rains with all my might!!!

And now I missed winters of my home town!!! There are no winters worth the name in Mumbai. I started yearning for the cold shivering winters.....I need to hibernate now.

What changes here? I or the seasons? You be the judge!!!

Autumn. For some reason the season makes me want to fall in love with someone before winter arrives.

• Tigger

Summer is my favorite because it get cold here in the winter and I can never keep warm enough to go outside.

But in the summer I can put on as few clothes as possible and go mow the grass (it takes 2 hours).

In the summer I can get more exercise and warmth and sun, it just feels good.

Tyres roll on the highway, like the the wheels of time. I love the bends, or the seasons in between.

I know some folks do, but I change every Sat, just after the bath. Extravagant no?

The older you get, the more surprised you are by Spring. Spring would be my favorite, go outside, get in shape. or form on the bike. Get used to green. Sleep in, and get wild..

Winter and Autumn are my favorites, but not the wind, it makes me very restless......

Summer I like the least, I just cannot bear the heat, it makes me lethargic and irritable and very miserable - i like being indoors and being nice and cosy when it's raining and cold outside

Yes. My favorite is SUMMER.

Least favorite is winter and I noticed that I am not as upbeat in the winter time. I think it is because the lack of sunlight.

Summer baby