Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How can you be sure that the promised eternal life won´t be in personal suffering?

The question needs to be seen from the perspective, that suffering is something that is created within ourselves by ourselves.

Imagine that during the eternal life, depression appears, sadness, etc. arises in your mind? In an eternal life - wouldn´t that be quite sad?

....or does a God just wave his hand and magically wipe away your pain?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Revelation 7

16Never again will they hunger;

never again will they thirst.

The sun will not beat upon them,

nor any scorching heat.

17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;

he will lead them to springs of living water.

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can ask all these questions, but the truth is, we'll never know until we're over the hill. Dead, for those stupid ones who don't get metaphores lol. (Not the asker, so don't get on my back)

You see, pain is a mental state that warns an organism of when a problem arises that should be attended to. So it is mental. If you have ever seen a Shaolin monk been raised topless on a couple of spears, you'll see that it can be controlled. As for all of this arises in our allegedly promised eternal life: If we can control it on earth, why not in eternal life. I'll assume that you're referring to Christianity. The primary belief is that the reason evil exists is because one is without God. Darkness technically doesn't exist; it is the absence of light. Cold does not exist; it is the absence of warmth. So as evil does not exist; it is the absence of grace. This is the Catholic belief, anyway. Went to Catholic elementary and High School. I learned nothing in religion class. We heard the same thing for 13 years. K-12. Sucked, but other classes were good. And yes, we did learn about evolution. Actually, our Bio teacher never even mentioned "intelligent design." He was an asshole though.

The point is: We never know. I know that you love to piss of Christians, and I respect your right to do so. I don't think it's morally right, but then again, what are morals? You know what they say. "There is no reality, only perception." I belive that what we really define reality is "a concensus of perception of what is true and existant." So we really never know. As far as they were concerned in Copercornus's time, the universe revolved around the earth. They insisted that it was reality. But it wasn't really.

Okay. The REAL AND FINAL POINT: (i get off topic too easily... love this subject) Life how you want to, challenge beliefs, but remember that the chances that either Christians or atheists are EXACTLY right is practially impossible, so keep a very open mind. Just think of Pythagoras and Copercornus.

• 1 decade ago

Pause to savor what the Bible is foretelling. 'God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.' That cannot refer to normal tears that wash our sensitive eyes, nor can it refer to tears of joy. No, the tears that God will wipe out are tears caused by suffering, grief, disappointment, hurt, and agony. How can we be sure? Well, this remarkable promise of God links wiping out tears with 'death, mourning, outcry, and pain being no more.'-John 11:35.

Does this not prove that cancer, strokes, heart attacks, and even death will have been eliminated? Who of us has not lost a loved one to some disease, accident, or disaster? God here promises that death will be no more, which suggests that the children who might be born then will not have to face the prospect of growing up and then getting old-ending in death. This prophecy also means no more Alzheimer's disease, osteoporosis, fibroid tumors, glaucoma, or even cataracts-so common in old age.

You would no doubt agree that mourning and outcry would decrease with the removal of death, old age, and disease. Yet, what about grinding poverty, child abuse, and oppressive discrimination based on background or skin color? Were such things-common today-to continue, we would not be rid of mourning and outcry. Thus, life under "a new heaven and a new earth" will not be marred by these present causes of sorrow. What a change! We have, though, considered so far only three of the four occurrences in the Bible of the phrase "new heavens and a new earth." There is one more that ties in with what we have examined and that underscores why we have reason to look forward to when and how God will fulfill his promise to 'make all things new.' The following article deals with that prophecy and what it can mean for our happiness.

The New English Bible renders Psalm 96:1: "Sing to the LORD, all men on earth." The Contemporary English Version reads: "Everyone on this earth, sing praises to the LORD." This accords with the understanding that by "new earth" Isaiah was referring to God's people in their land.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God takes away your pain. In the early times numerous people were brought back from the dead by Jesus and they told their testimony of heaven (eternal life). Plus, how can you believe something if you only believe in sights. Okay, can you see air? No, but you know it's there and you can feel it. That's the way we, Christians, feel. We can feel the Holy Spirit at times. By the way, how can you be sure that eternal life WILL be personal suffering? Now, answer my question.

Source(s): I've spoken to God.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I would rather live forever in pain then be nothingness, non sensory matter forever. This comes from a person being treated for mental illness.

Besides:

Could not a creature making life edit it? What is sadness but a bunch of chemical reactions in the brain?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Easy one! We believe our Father God for His Word!

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

BTW who is YOUR father - God or satan?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

O Bible Believers, why not you reveal your god that Jesus has paid the price of your crimes and sins?

Most of culprits, sinners, alcoholic, adulterous and transgressor Christians are being afflicted with painful torments like STD (Sexually transmitted diseases) including AIDS, Hepatitis. Why not you tell your god that Jesus has paid the price and do not afflict us due out sins, crimes and transgressions??? Or your sins, crimes and transgressions exceeded than price paid by Jesus?????

Does Bible refuse to accept the Jesus as ‘Savior’ and rejects the concept of ransom of Christians’ sins and crimes?

Ezekiel 18:20. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

James 2:24. Ye see then how that by works a man is just.

Matthew 19:16-17. "And behold, one came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do, to have eternal life?" "And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments."

James 2:26. "Faith without works is Dead"

Proverbs 21:18. “The wicked is a ransom for the righteous, and the faithless for the upright”

• 1 decade ago

Pretty much......read this.

Revelation 21:4

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

• 1 decade ago

Jesus died to take our sins on as His own, and bear the consequences. If we put our faith an love in Him, we'll go to heaven were suffering and pain are simply not possible; He took that away already. :-D

• 1 decade ago

To be honest, I can live by this life forever with this memory. As long as I can enjoy my hobby such as watching Anime, gamble on horse racing and video game.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.