If you are a renter, and have a pet, what fee were you charged for your pet?

Were you charged $400 (non-refundable) when you first got your apartment. Or do you pay $10 or more a month for your pet (non-refundable) as their rent.

Update:

loki, not sure what you mean by "feel better?".

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ours was $100 (non-refundable) and a $400 (refundable) deposit (Per dog!!) and an additional $20 a month added to our rent (PER DOG!)

We lucked out and had a shanzee apartment chick who basically only charged us for one dog on the deposit and took $5 off the monthly additional, so for the 2 dogs its only $35.

But still.... feel better!?

• Lucy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Well, I'm about to move into an apartment ..

They charge $200 (refundable if the carpet is okay when I move out) upfront for a dog or cat. (Basically anything that can harm the carpet).

I'm not bothered by that, because I could stay there forever and it'd still just be $200.

• 1 decade ago

When I moved into my house I was charged a $250 pet deposit but it was refunded to me when I moved out. The landlord just checked to be sure nothing was stained or damaged.

• 1 decade ago

I was charged a refundable deposit of $250. The rent didn't change at all. I have a cat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I live in Florida. I just moved into a loft and had to pay a $300 non refundable for my dog.

• 1 decade ago

We have a cat (actually, my roommate has a cat: the cat in turn has the rest of us).

The pet fee was $300.00

In my previous apartment, the standard, non-refundable "pet deposit" was (eventually) $300.00.

15 years ago (when I first moved into that apartment) it was approximately $150.00.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.