Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

do you blend in your surroundings or stand out?

ex: if you are in high school you shop at abercrombie, hollister and those predictable stores or are you a unique individual who is them self and never tries to conform

Favorite Answer

I am unique.

No Matter How Hard I Try To Blend In I Always Seem To Stand Out

Why would anyone want to "stand out?" And for whom?

I appreciate who I am, where I've come from, and where I'm going, and I appreciate and value other people but will not lower my standards to accommodate theirs, and certainly do not need nor want the acclamation or praise of fastidious, finicky people. Wherever I go, I try to present myself as best I can with what I have, regardless of my surroundings, which in some cases, I guess, depending on others standards, I may seem to stand out, but I wouldnt think so. I am me, I like to dress neatly, colours co-ordinating nicely, hair neat and tidy, and make-up applied giving a fresh, healthy look.

I believe I stand out. As for apparel, I shop at thrift stores, vintage clothing stores, Forever21, and Target. I like the retro look, but a unique one. As for what I believe, I definitely stand out. I want to do things for the glory of God. I am pretty different from others, I guess I am conservative, I don't have a boyfriend (never have really), never been kissed, don't listen to rap/hip-hop/a lot of secular music (I love Billie Holiday & Mel Torme), I love just hanging out with my family, and playing speed scrabble. I probably sound totally Amish to most of you but I'm not, I am just unique. In one word, I am eclectic.

I never conform completely, but I am a product of the 60's and 70's and now those styles are back in fashion! So now I must blend in!

I'm unique but I don't stand out..I mean I don't act like everyone else..and I don't conform to society's standards..but I am a loner and not really noticed. But I think I'd rather be myself and not be accepted by everyone than be a fake and have people kissing up to me.

I tried to be subtle once upon a time, but realized that girls liked bad boys. Very simple. That was Kindergarten. I used to make out with this girl around the corner from the playground every morning. She covered half her face in cherry flavored lipstick and I hoovered it off.

Do you mean how did I dress at the time? Uniform. Catholic school.

Standing out a bit is good and it never hurts to be noticed and unique, but if you want to stand out for the sake of standing out, that is not cool. I like to be me, and whether or not that means I stand out or blend in, that doesn't affect me.

I wish I had the self esteem to stand out, but I feel more comfortable blending in.

I'm one who stands out at times but blends in at others.

First off, I'm a freshman and I can't STAND brand names! Could you BE any more unoriginal when you wear those?! Now that I'm done venting, I prefer to have my own style and I don't let exspensive stores dictate that.