Do i get my Gi bill?

hello, i join the army on jan 29 2003 with a contract of 3 years and around may of 2004 i re-enlisted for a 5 year contract until 2009 but in april 2005 i got in trouble and got discharge with a bad conduct discharge. but i hear a rumor that once u reenlist u get a honorable discharge for that time u have already my question is if i still get my gi bill benefits for the time i did before i renlisted?

8 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Number ONE requirement for GI Bill benefits is an Honorable Discharge. Sorry... no benefit for you.

    Also, you didn't meet the 3 years minimum service to qualify for benefits as well, so you've got another strike against you.

    Source(s): Navy Chief Personnel Specialist - 13 years
  • 1 decade ago

    Anything less than honorable you lose your VA benefits. BUT it MAY be possible for you to apply to have your discharge upgraded... I heard that the only way to do that is if you had a general discharge... but it is worth a try... hear say isnt always the fact... I believe you have to apply for it through the VA and once its upgraded to honorable, THEN you will get your benefits back... Good luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    Check with the VA. A bad conduct discharge automatically excludes you from pretty much all veteran's benefits. Only a VA rep can tell you for sure.

  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    Don’t forget you will now have get right of entry to to Federal training information (FTA) that enables pay on your degree, notwithstanding that's first come first serve so which you're able to be on the ball. that could desire to help hide something the reserve GI invoice doesn’t. you're able to be waiting to get right of entry to your GI invoice desirable away and attempt to coach for a kicker in case you could so which you will get greater funds. the protection stress additionally enables with grasp degree courses additionally, frequently merely as much as seventy 5% of the fee however. I don’t have faith you would be waiting to get the lively accountability GI invoice in case you have already got been given the Reserve version.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John T
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    Nope. You failed both tests. You didn't serve out the intial enlistment (the one that you contracted 3 yrs for), even if you did somehow re-enlist so early in it and you got a bad conduct discharge. Sorry. Thanks for playing.

  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    No.. A bad conduct discharge will haunt you forever.

  • 1 decade ago

    No Benefits for you..sorry

  • 1 decade ago

    No benefits for you, sorry!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.