Cover songs. Ever heard one that was so bad it ruined the song?

Hank Willians Jr. "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith

• RoVale
    Favorite Answer

Oh yes. Here are some of my picks:

Behind Blue Eues - Limp Bizkit

American Pie - Madonna

Satisfaction - Britney Spears

Without You - Mariah Carey

Take My Breath Away - Jessica Simpson

hi Silver, 2 that right now come to suggestions are Michael Bolton's undesirable emasculation of The 4 Tops' brilliant, functional "attain Out, i'd be There". properly, perchance this can be a touch harsh, yet, it really is extremely 'orrible. the 2d is a few singer's conceal of the Dobie gray classic, "flow Away". It grants no longer something to the unique and the performance isn't as committed from the singer & musicians using the undeniable fact that's interior the unique. A waste of time. i do not even understand the call of the singer who covers it, and that i'm now unlikely to waste the ability to attempt to be certain - for this reason no links (sorry about that). For perfect conceal? Priest's version of the fairway Manalishi (with both-pronged Crown) knocked my ears off when I first heard it 30 years in the past. impressive potential! i changed into in teenage-heavy-metallic-youngster heaven when I heard that on Chicago FM radio. :-) For perfect offbeat conceal is pink Floyd's The Wall - the whole album - finished in bluegrass kind by ability of Luther Wright and the Wrongs. Preposterous, and somewhat a attain, yet especially pleasing and commonly wonderful.

Britney Spears covering Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones....

No...

But Linkin Park did a cover song for Nine Inch Nails (wish) I really love Linkin Park's version better!!!

I heard the original but I think Linkin Park did a good job.

Gnarls barkley covering Gone Daddy Gone by the Violent Femmes. Although I love "Crazy"

• Sheryl Crow's cover of "Sweet Child O Mine"

When Puff Daddy did that song with Jimmy Page--horrible

Puddle Of Mudd cover "War Pigs" by Sabbath,they had no right even touching any Sabbath they suck

I agree with Clint. I recently asked a similar question and cited FOB's Love will tear us apart as an example.

Not that it could ever ruin Joy Division's original, but it was still stupendously bad.

Guns N' Roses - Knockin' on Heaven's Door

I like the Dylan version just fine. But Axl Rose.....anything about Axl Rose bothers me, actually.

Limp Bizkit's cover of "Behind Blue Eyes".

Oh, and Garth Brooks' reworking of Aerosmith's song "Fever". *twitch*

Hillary Duff did a cover of the Who's My Generation and changed the lyrics! It was bad... really bad.

It didn't completely ruin the Who for me, but it bothers me.