How do I look less like a LESBIAN?

Okay, so I am straight, 21 years old, a junior in college, and having NO luck getting guys. People have told me that I'm attractive and fun to be around, so I was confused why guys seemed turned off by me.

So the other day a few of my male friends told me that I kinda give off a lesbian vibe, which would discourage guys from approaching me. That would explain a lot!

What kinds of things could I do (or not do) that would let guys know I'm straight? Style, attitude, anything? I need help.... :-/

Update:

Oh, and my "style" is the typical college jeans-and-a-t-shirt routine. My hair is dark and just above my shoulders, I wear some make-up, and cute shoes. I certainly don't look masculine, but I guess I don't look too feminine either. Hmmm...

I sound so boring... Yeah, I should make some changes!

Update 2:

Ooo, I look A LOT like my avatar!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The world is certainly not deficient in representations of what the male believes the female ideal to be... look at some pictures.. If you're giving off a "lesbian vibe" that usually means you're too straight forward, "sports bar" " one o' the guys" type of a girl... you might be seen as aggressive... too "ballsy"... and you might need to dress more feminine.... men like their women to look like whores at the bar ( if you want sex )... and "ladies" ( think 1940s Hollywood ) if you want a husband... lots of long flowing thick hair... long eyelashes... big lips.... tasteful make-up... attention to nails... shoes.... clothes... just look to the media... it's all out there... pick someone who looks close to your "type" as far as basics that guys agree is "hot" and model yourself after her... you'll see some huge changes....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seriously! come on! It seems like I dress like you do at college, casual and I don't get called a lesbian and so on. You don;t need to wear pink and really girly clothes at school! not every straight girl does. Guys won't think your a lesbian unless you have short hair and wear men clothes, the obvious butch. Your male freinds are making fun of you. Myabe you should try and approach guys more??

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there really isnt very many stereotypes that make up a lesbian. so im not sure why they think your seem like one. i would say to be really girly and like "omg, i just got my nails done and bought a new lipstick". I dont know, just throwing that idea out there. and dont act like one of the guys. that makes u seem like just a friendly person, not a dater. and also, no short hair cuts that look like a boys hair.

• 1 decade ago

That's easy...wear a pin of a shirtless Johnny Depp wherever you go! You're going to disappoint the lesbians. : (

well I have the opposite prob... I'll go to a gay club and get hit on by the token straight guy who's there with his bicurious friend...great.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

just get the word out that you are straight and looking for a man. There is no special look for a lesbian. I have dated ones that look so straight.

• 4 years ago

I'm a guy, and privately, I don't like long nails. We know a lot of like long, painted nails cause they're "so pretty", but I don't like them.

• Albert
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

A little bit of toe nail is fine... but I agree with you. Long nails are kinda gross.

• 1 decade ago

look around and see what style you like and make it really girlie! I like to wear pink and I'm always wearing stilettos

• xyxoxy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Wear a "Straight but not Narrow" pin ?

• 1 decade ago

you don't describe yourself..........are you a jock.super competitive?

what do you wear? what do you drink?

Look at the gay girls you know and look at what their habits, etc are,,,,,,,,,,,are yours the same.................?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.