AG asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

Quotes "human nature to want more"?

I need a famous quote that has to do with "human nature to want more". I know i have heard this from some where but i cant remember. Help!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's one someone made earlier

It's a mystery to me;

We have a greed, with which we have agreed.

You think you have to want more than you need.

Until you have it all, you won't be free.

Eddie Vedder

Source: From the song "Society", part of the "Into The Wild" soundtrack.

• 1 decade ago

Here are some quotes regarding 'human nature":

-"People want to hear about the extremes of human nature. They want things that are larger than their own lives, and more romantic, and not necessarily of their own experiences.”

by Richard Thompson quotes

-"All men by nature desire to know." by Aristotle

-"There is no such thing as can't, only won't. If you're qualified, all it takes is a burning desire to accomplish, to make a change. Go forward, go backward. Whatever it takes! But you can't blame other people or society in general. It all comes from your mind. When we do the impossible we realize we are special people."

by Jan Ashford

-"Destiny is but a phrase of the weak human heart - the dark apology for every error. The strong and virtuous admit no destiny. On earth conscience guides; in heaven God watches. And destiny is but the phantom we invoke to silence the one and dethrone the other."

by Edward George Earle Lytton

-"The world is dying for want, not of good preaching, but of good hearing." by George Dana Boardman

-""Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for insects as well as for the stars. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust - we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper." bu Albert Einstein

-"It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquillity: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it."

by Charlotte Bronte

-"The past and the present are within the field of my inquiry, but what a man may do in the future is a hard question to answer."

by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

-"The more you prepare, the luckier you appear."

by Terry Josephson, 20th/21st-century motivational author

I hope this helps!!

• 1 decade ago

Here are a few quotes along the same line of thought:

"Our salvation is in striving to achieve what we know we'll never achieve." - Ryszard Kapuscinski

“The indefatigable pursuit of an unattainable perfection, even though it consists in nothing more than the pounding of an old piano, is what alone gives meaning to our life on this unavailing star.” - Logan Pearsall Smith

“It is the ultimate wisdom of the mountains that a man is never more a man than when he is striving for what is beyond his grasp.” - James Ramsey Ullman

“Tis plain that there is not in nature a point of stability to be found: everything either ascends or declines. When wars are ended abroad, sedition begins at home, and when men are freed from fighting for necessity, they quarrel through ambition.” Sir Walter Scott

"There is no such thing as perpetual tranquility of mind, while we live here; because life itself is but motion, and can never be without desire, nor without fear, no more than without sense." - Thomas Hobbes

“All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.” - Samuel Butler

“Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals.” - Aristotle

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"The human mind has in mind that the mind is nothing more than the mind,that having in mind makes the mind,mind to have more"

-S.A

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.