am i pregnant?

either my period is coming late, or i am pregnant.

i've recently gotten off birth control like 2 months ago, i guess it messed up my system. but it's been 30 days since my last period and it usually comes after 24 days. the average is 28 days, so it should be close. i haven't had any symptoms of the so called early pregnancy; sore boobs, moodiness, nausea. but i do have lots of mucus, i'm bloating, and i wake up with a stuffy nose. i'm not gaining weight, but i feel like i'm getting fatter. I HEAR SOME WOMEN DON'T GET SYMPTOMS, but im confused if it's from their first child or second, third, etc.

i'm going to take a pregnancy test soon, but i'm going to wait a little while, i'm kind of frightened to see a positive result.

am i pregnant by just those symptoms? or is signs of an upcoming period?

it was unprotected sex with my boyfriend whom i've been with for 4 years. but we're not ready to have a baby.

Favorite Answer

Preggers!

Being freaked out about pregnancy never made anything better. There are a few folk rememdies that will insure you don't actually get pregnant if you are. I recently came off birth control too and it felt ****** up and weird like birth control was a messed up fog hole that I was stuck in. It made me so different. But now I am just starting to clear my system of it. It actually made things like what hapened to you or actually exaclty what happened to you start to happen to me. My period was really late and I was like why the **** won't you come. But the thing is without all those messed up hormones to regulate you your cycle can be varied depending on your lifestyle. Do you have a reason to suspect you are pregnant such as unprotected sex or where a condom broke? I really wouldn't worry about it if you didn't. Something that helps with what I like to call lazy uterus syndrome ie where your overies and uterus don't always funtion properly or have normal cycles.

I have started drinking rasberry leaf tea for that and it supposidly works great at making a lazy uterus work well.

Also I had things like breast soreness and things like that right after I got off the ring(my birthcontrol) My period just ended like two days ago that was my period after 2 months of not being on birth control like you and the same exact thing happened to me. My period just started later. Your body is getting rid of that funk of hormones... it might take a while to cleanse your system. Did you also feel your ovaries kick in? You probably aren't prego like me...

So hang in there ... we have got to stop giving our bodies arbituary things like birth control that trick our bodies into becoming pregnant so we can't become pregnant. It is like a little taste of pregnancy for far too long that should never happen. Other forms of birth control are good and exist that don't mess with you as much.

Well, it is possible that you are one that does not get any of the symptoms you listed. However, the mucus, bloating, and stuffy nose may be signs of a common cold.

The best thing to do would be to take a pregnancy test, plus see a doctor. They will be able to help you with both situations. :-)

Only 2 months off the pill? You probably are irregular and this is normal. By 6 months you should be closer to a 28 day cycle, or at least a more regular cycle.. If you were on the pill for a long time it could take longer. You probably aren't pregnant, but it's definitely possible.

Go to the drug store and take a preg test. Every woman is different. I felt like I had the flu - took the test and it was positive. Some women do not have any symptoms at first. The only way to know for sure is to take the test. Best of luck to you.

Getting off the birth control explains it =) how old are you? If you're still a teenager, don't worry about missing a period, it's normal. Some older people experience that, I think the best way to tell is to take a home pregnancy test, it'll set your mind at ease! =)

Good luck ♥ don't worry.

Unfortunately pregnancy is just one of those things that you just really dont know until you test. Some people get early symptoms, however alot of people get none. I didnt get my first symptom until 6wks. Try a home preg test but it also may show a negative result being so early.

GO TO WEBMD.COM AND U COULD GET SOME ANSWERS THERE.. BUT SOMETIMES WHEN U STOP THE BIRTH CONTROL SOME WOMAN TEND NOT TO HAVE A PERIOD FOR A FEW MONTHS AFTER THER STOP SO MAYBE THIS MIGHT BE UR CASE.. CUZ WHEN UR PREGNANT USUALLY ALL WOMEN GET THE TENDER BREAST FEELING SO I THINK UR NOT PREGNANT SINCE U HAVE NO SYMPTOMS.. BUT TO BE SURE GO GET A PREGNANCY TEST AND IF UR NOT THEN MAKE SURE U USE PROTECTION

if you are what are you going to do? if your not, then your good right? we cant tell you if you are or not, your just going to have to wait for your period, or take a pregnancy test. since you started bcp's, and if you didnt miss any pills, than maybe your period is just late, if you read the paper that comes with it, it would say that you might miss your period for a month, so dont sweat it if you followed the directions.

take the pregnancy test. there are several out there that work within just days of a missed period. there are no early symptoms that tell you your pregnant. If anyone tries to tell you that there are, they are only sharing a wives tale to you.

youre most likely not pregnant if you used a condom.. irregular periods can also be caused by stress and most likely cuz of your birth control. wait a week and then use try a test. my period came 10 days late! i was so scared!! in the end, i wasnt pregnant! so dont freak out. yet!

Source(s): personal experience