My Ipod music disappeared after I installed itunes updated software.?

So I was going to transfer a few songs to my IPOD (i have a 5th generation , 60 GB) and a window pops up with "would u like to update software to your ipod" so I clicked yes. Next thing, I know I have 0 artists, 0 songs, 0 music left on my ipod. Funny thing is that on the ABOUT setting on my IPOD, I have 40 GB of space still available, but 0 songs,artists, and music. Has anyone had a problem like this? If so, should I restore the IPOD or is my music still on it's hard drive? HELP please! I had or may have lol.. 20 GB's of music.

Favorite Answer

A lot of people are getting this problem.

Try restoring your iPod (under the "check for updates" button in the iPod settings screen).

• lakia

If u placed your iPod to iTunes in the previous then iTunes might reproduction the apps,and song u have. So if u replace your utility it won't get deleted + Encrypt Backup capacity that iTunes or the laptop will shop a replica of your apps, music , contacts etc. So if u come to a call to have a utility placed on u will continually have an option to restoration it. So u do no longer ought to difficulty.

omg i am having the same exact problem i just asked about this..but im sry i cant help because im in the same situation hopefully someone will know wats going on with this.