Am I a good singer? Am I pretty enough to be one? (video included)?

I want to be a country singer, like Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood sort of singer, like.... mostly love songs singer.

<3

me singing-

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw7sh-UF54w

me normally when it's not dark-

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fyYn7ojDeAs

THANKS!!

~nicki

omg, don't i look like my icon??

lol

Favorite Answer

Ok I have in the past worked with some singers in the UK so will give you some honest advice.

Firstly the negatives...

I think you do need some singing lessons Honey. Your voice needs to be stronger and better trained. Also I would advise maybe doing a better video. Do one with less distractions than your bedroom. have a stage or a blank background to make it look more professional.

Also please be under no illusion, Music is a very hard business. there are 1000's of people who think they can do it, but don't end up getting anywhere close. You really need to ask yourself, if someone tells you you are awful and slams adoor in your face will you want to carry on and have it happen again?

Now the Positives..

You do look pretty and clearly have energy and enjoy what you do. You have a likeable personality which can help you no end. And you have a dream, which I would say never give up on! You have also in a small way done something about it by posting the questions and videos.

I would advise all of the following.

Read about how your idols got to where they are. look for advice and ideas of how things might work for you too.

Practice, practice, practice!

Take some dance and singing classes and maybe join a drama group. Get out performing and learn as much as you can from everyone.

Get some professional portrait photo's done.

Talk to some agents and talent scouts and see what they say. Be prepared to be rejected (everyone is at some point.) but if you want it, don't give up!

Set up a proper website and put the address on all your emails and other sites.

Get some gigs singing. talent contests, but maybe also offer to do weddings or parties. get your name out and offer to perform, even for free to start. It will all be good experience and help get you name out and noticed.

Stay friendly and positve as much as possible.

Once you get going maybe record a demo properly and also contact local radio stations and Newspapers to say you are a local girl looking to follow the stars.

At the end of the day, lots of people will tell you to give up and that you won't make it. But don't ket them decide for you. Follow your heart!

It will take time and it may not happen at all, but you will learn loads on the way and if you don't try, you'll never know!

Good luck and I hope to see you in the charts one day!

Dear Nicki:

I will always accommodate~ to add hits to web sites!

Thanks for the link! You are a Sweetheart!

I live in Hollyweird, CA *off of Sunset Blvd!

There are MILLIONS of girls like you here!

(I'm NOT trying to be harsh~ but U asked!)

You Require:

1) Extensive VOICE Lessons,Training & stage presence.

2) Something Tangible to Set You Apart!

3) More maturity & sophistication.

4) Take some acting classes & dance

&

5) ? *Go to the Music Links button here at Yahoo Ans.!

(This is the Singles/Relationship Forum!)

I hope you know how to get on the Correct Bus~

if you come to LA!

Advice?

Find a REALISTIC Marketable JOB SKILL~

in the meantime! You will need it to sustain you!

Good Luck~

I Mean~

"Break A Leg" Cutie!

:-)

• Luna

This seems a bit too like America's Got Talent.

It's not that hard to tell that you're voice is unpracticed. You should at least take lessons for a year before you consider this question again. There can't be a diamond ring if the rock hasn't been polished.

amazing...you're able to benifit fromsome expert lessions to help coming up your voice added. There are issues a specialist can coach you which you will not even know approximately, breath help (sure you do could breathe a definite way) diction (so your words are not mumbly and the listener can p.c.. out the verse.-stuff like that. stay faraway from cigarettes (they destroy the two issues your asking approximately and get your self a vaporizor or humidifier on your room-dry air ruins a voice rapid!

sorry, but no. take a few lessons, though. give it time. youre still young. and i never thought taylor swift was very good of a singer/songwriter anyway.

you're not a great singer, but you definitely have potential. you hit a few notes, but others.. not so much. you should take voice lessons if you're serious about singing. because, as i said, you definitely have potential. and you're very pretty

You have some talent, honestly, I don't think you'd make it professionaly. Maybe you can take some voice lessons, I don't know, but you don't really have the Country sound in your voice, you're trying to sound like someone you're not. My advice is to find your own voice and stop trying to sound like someone else. : )

Your great,i guess, BUT. Well all I have to say is - your young just wait until your voice is mature... You hit some notes wrong - all u need to do is take voice lessing...

Nicki, I don't want to be hurtful but, you could try a little harder, maybe a different beat. Try singing a non-texas song xP?

lol, you're pretty enough ^.^

and you have great potential as a singer, but you could try and work on it ya know? Never hurts to always try and reach your best!! =D