books read by college students?

i plan on going to college next fall.. however i notice that some students have read some classic books before college starts. what are some classic and maybe not so classic books i can read that some students already have? thank you!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Pride and Prejudice

Catcher in the Rye

The Great Gatsby

Great Expectations

Wuthering Heights

JAne Eyre

Middlemarch

I Capture the Castle

• 3 years ago

i'm additionally a school student. right here is a few of my absolute prominent books: Slaughterhouse-5 Water for Elephants mom night an excellent stability Cyrano de Bergerac and he or she grew to become into Persepolis (picture novel, yet an excellent style of literary benefit) The Hundred secret Senses Saving Fish from Drowning The Bonesetter's Daughter those are all surely stunning. They replaced my perspectives on existence in maximum situations and each and each has a stunning tale line, specially Saving Fish from Drowning, besides the actuality that Slaughterhouse-5 is likewise an exceedingly compelling e book, as is Water for Elephants. To be honest, those are somewhat some the main miraculous books i've got ever stumbled in the time of, and that i can not quite do them justice right here. rejoice with your reading spree. i'm frankly inspired you have time for it in college!

• 1 decade ago

a lot of books are sort of a "prerequisite" for the class... summer reading... i am a college student and have yet to read any new books... besides my text books... (i do love reading...just can't find the time)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

some books i read in high school;

the great gatsby

catcher in the rye

streetcar named desire

lots of shakespear plays, romeo juliet, julius ceasar, hamlet

brave new world

huck finn ( ive never read it but it seems everyone else has)

black boy, kaffir boy,

the things they carried (i read that this year in college)

the odyssey (short version)

hope that helps!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I just finished "The African" by Harold Courlander.

Harder to find but a great read.

• 1 decade ago

1! how to win friends and influence people- dale carnegie. if u only read one, make it this. i liked the unconcious civilization by John Ralston Saul . i reccommend it if u are someone who questoins why things are the way they are. then i dunno, read investopedia.com being educated about money is something far too mamny people fail to do for themselves. gl. great Q!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.