STP Gas treatment will it damage my car (audi TT)?

I have a 2002 Audi TT (standard) and I have always kept very good care of it. I was wondering if STP Gas Treatment was ok to put in it. I donnot want to damage the engine so I thought I would ask around first. Will it damage? is it a good thing to use??

Favorite Answer

STP gas treatment won't damage your car. If you're using it to clean injectors buy Techron. Techron is an injector cleaner that actually works. You might as well throw your money away on other treatments.

Most cars don't need cleaner added to the fuel system. Gas is cleaner and the filter system are improved. Your car should go over 100,000 miles without any injector problems. I have two cars with over 100,000 miles and started adding Techron at 70,000 miles and do so every 10,000 miles.

Don't believe the hype about pressurized injector cleaning. Jiffy Lube and others advertise this cleaning system and it is just a waste or money.

• JetDoc

They have been selling STP for over 50 years. If it hurt your car do you think they would still be in business? Just follow the instructions on the container, and you'll be fine.

It's fine to run injector cleaner once in a while. constant use is not recommended. One treatment should last you for quite awhile.

its safe...most gas treatments are alchole and a little injector cleaner