Poll: Do you eat food past the expiration date?

I won't but I know plenty of people who will. Say for instance, jelly, milk, eggs, yogurt, etc. I check the expiration date on everything before I use it as an ingredient for cooking and before I eat it. I believe the expiration date is there for a reason.

• sprite
    Best Answer

No, I think that's gross and weird. I check expiration dates on EVERYTHING in the fridge once a week.

I have a friend and his wife who keep dressing forever... They had like, 3 year old dressing in their fridge. I was so disgusted by it, and I ended up using a dressing I didn't even like on my salad to avoid using their expired dressing!

Yes, that's not actually an expiration date, it's a sell by date which technically means it's good for up to 3-5 days afterwards.

On non-perishables like crackers, cookies ,cereals, i let it go MUCH longer, sometimes years.

It's merely a suggestion, not a law.

I don't eat food past the expiration date.

Yes, it's more tastier with all the fungus growth and bacteria, leave it a bit longer and worms will form, those are the delicacies.

<--- i use expired food to sell in my restaurant.

no. but my mom has some pigs that love that kind of stuff.

yes i do....unless its a different color than normal or it smells

• March

I don't

• Tony M

No, I do not.

never.