Where can I find a decent PC system: Box & LCD for under £250? - (UK ONLY)?

Hey wonderous Yahoo Answerers...

I'm currently looking to buy 3 *new* PC systems, all of an equal spec. They need to have everything in the box that needs to be there, but no peripherals needed (keyboard, mouse, speakers etc). Also need an LCD screen. I can do without an operating system, but a preloaded one might be handy.

I've been looking at the barebones systems at Novatech.co.uk and their prebuilt systems, but was wondering if anyone knew of anything better.

PLEASE don't recommend anything that's over £250, as that's the absolute limit on my budget.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: Please don't just give me a list of sites that do good deals, if you've got the time, could you please point me to a specific machine... If you haven't got the time to do that, please don't bother answering.

Many thanks all.

xx

Favorite Answer

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prod...

for £143.34 inc VAT you get the following

- Socket AM2 (940 pins) supports the following processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2

- 200 Watt mini PSU, Input voltage: 100~240 VAC

- Shuttle I.C.E. (Integrated Cooling Engine)

- 2 x 240 pin DIMM sockets supports DDR2-533/667/800 SDRAM memory

- 1 x PCI Express 16X graphics slot (PEG)

- 1 x 32 Bit PCI (v2.2)

- VIA DeltaChrome 128-bit 2D/3D graphics engine

- 5.1 channel AC97 audio controller

- Fast Ethernet network controller (VIA VT6103)

Yes, it is a barebones system, but unless you spend hours browsing places like ebay and hoping beyond hope that you "win the bid" and you find similar price pcs on auction for similar price, without buying all the bits and building it yourself, I cannot think of anywhere cheaper (at least not without going to computer fairs and spending time looking around them after paying to park and get into the pc fair)

If you dont want a barebones, the alternative is a laptop

For £234.99 including VAT you can get

It has quite a fair amount of things included.

Sure, the operating system is Linux, but how difficult is it to remove that and install another, or learn how to use linux. It coems with wireless, standard ethernet, 4 usb ports, old 56k dialup modem.