Do blood glucose monitors have error ?

Do blood glucose monitors have error ?

i think yes, they have ....but which brand is the best?.

I want to have a meter that has same accurate with the lab result or really close with the lab result.

If the lab says 105, but the personal meter (monitor) says 120.. i dont want to use it again later.

If the meter shows 104 / 106 / 107.... then i would like to keep it & use it again later.

Thanks a lot.

Favorite Answer

I like the One Touch meters for their accuracy. They are right on with the lab my doctors use.

The Bayer meter I have is like you say about 15 points off. When I use it, I have to subtract that 15 points from the number to know where I am.

To check if the meter you are using is anywhere near accurate, test your glucose with it when you are at the doctor's office or at the lab during blood draw. Then you can compare.

Just remember, there is no law that says meters have to be accurate.

1

Source(s): Destroy Diabetes Starting Today - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?RQRv

I don't think you will ever find one that is exactly that close. If the lab said 105 and the meter said 120, that would be great, but usually its reversed. The meter reads lower than the lab actually does. I have had the most success with my BD meter and with the OneTouch series. I have several of them, but they don't coordinate with my insulin pump, so I have been using the BD more and more. Your readings will also vary depending on if you are using your fingers....(I believe these to be more accurate) or your forearm. Good luck.

• Lori

I'm a 45 year old woman and was recently diagnosed as being a borderline diabetic. My doctor prescribed some medication, but before filling it I decided to do some research on the internet which led me to the methods. After reading this ebook and applying the methods, my scepticism turned to 100% belief. I noticed that my energy levels increased significantly and I felt more rested in the morning, my symptoms started going away.

I am very happy to tell you that I have been feeling better than I have felt in years and my doctor informed me that he will be taking me off my prescriptions if I keep this up.

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

Every measurement method will have errors and that will be clearly (in many cases, printed as small as possible) in the instruction manual. It depends on many factors like the temperature, the moisture content etc.

well the ones i used are one step ultra they seem to be best so far as the doctor has given me and its testing with his stuff. take care.