Laughing gas?

I have to get 2 wisdom teeth removed. My dentist has suggested laughing gas. I have a few questions: 1) Does it actually make you laugh? I don't want to think it's funny. 2) Will the gas affect the amount of novocaine you need? Usually they just keep giving me needles until I can't feel it anymore.... show more I have to get 2 wisdom teeth removed. My dentist has suggested laughing gas. I have a few questions:
1) Does it actually make you laugh? I don't want to think it's funny.
2) Will the gas affect the amount of novocaine you need? Usually they just keep giving me needles until I can't feel it anymore. But, if I get the gas will I be too "calm" to respond properly?
3) How does it affect your recovery? Are you more inclined to sleep it off? Will I be stumbling out of there?
4) This is maybe a silly question, but what does it compare to in terms of a recreational drug?
5) The dentist said it will help the procedure if the gas makes me relax, and my muscles relax, because I have a very small jaw. However, I've read some things where people say they've fallen asleep. My dentist told me that if I was asleep that there's the possibility that they could open my mouth "too wide" and cause problems. I don't want this to happen if I fall asleep, and I don't really want to fall asleep anyway.