Having a complete hysterectomy?

I'm having a complete hysterectomy done next week, I'm kind of scared, I want to know if this is dangerous, what should I expect, can I have local enestation or does it have to be with general enestetia please if any one has any advise for me I will apriciate it thank you
Update: Thank you all for answering back,my hysterectomy is being done because I have 3 tumors the size of coconuts and my uterest is inlagred, I'm 42 years old and the pain that I have is unexplainable and I am always taking pain medication and I still have pain so the doctor said that the best thing to do is this and... show more Thank you all for answering back,my hysterectomy is being done because I have 3 tumors the size of coconuts and my uterest is inlagred, I'm 42 years old and the pain that I have is unexplainable and I am always taking pain medication and I still have pain so the doctor said that the best thing to do is this and I also think that is the best for me. I always have a period it never go, thats why I am enimic and again thank you all