Borders Group Inc Stock?

What do you think about this stock?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BGP

best evalution (good or bad) gets 10 points!

• Gary
    Favorite Answer

I stay away from that stock. Their earnings are just horrible and the company growth is in the negative. The company isn't making any money, in fact it appears from the income statement, this company lost money.

This is a company that is just one step behind it's competitors. I'm not into the retailers, especially the bookstores, but if you want to get stocks in bookstores I go with Barnes and Noble or Amazon.

Even though I do like Borders Book store, I do not see a future in the stock. Quite frankly I do not see how they can compete with Amazon. As the 1st responder mentioned the U S is not in general a bookish nation. They tend to migrate more towards the offerings of News Corp. Ticker NWS with Fox, MySpace, and various other media offerings or Marvel Enterprises Ticker MVL

Uhm... no.

I worked for Border's on the cusp of becoming the corporate shills that they are. Short of either a hostile takeover bid or a mass effort at actually dealing with the illiteracy of the US you'll be lucky to not take at least a marginal loss.