How did the Yahoo Answers Team get hired?

Favorite Answer

my guess is they put in an application like any other job

Three thrings, but this means a higer degree of responsibility from BOTH support and member. 1) Banning of trolls. Y!A has the philosophy that it is unfair to ban an IP address for it affects others at the address. Well, if a troll is going to have falmer wars here, they really do not care about others. Trolls MUST be stopped so banning via IP address may be the best, only option 2) A better appeal process. having come off a 10-day suspension, the reaction from the staff was one of neglect. I deserve to be able to honestly argue any suspension and answer violation with someone for real. We need a hall of justice where I have an appointment to argue the merits of the case. As the aggrieved party, i explain why this is not worthy of a violation or suspension. If I have filed the report, I must defend why I feel that it is a violation and not just some knee-jerk reaction because I don't particularly like the question or answer. And if i am suspended, there is a term limit. My account is suspended for six months or whatever. We cannot have this "non-deletion banishment" where there is no hope of restoration. If the person is that bad, then delete them flat out when the appeal fails, OK? But don't keep them hanging around until the end of time 3) A remodification of the violation categories. Quite frankly, "chatting" does not bother me at all. I don;t care if you want to know what people think of Britney Spears or my favorite songs from between 1999 and 2004. Violations are for serious infractions Squatting Cloning Solicitations Race baiting Foul language Obscene avatars Spite violation reports These are heavy duty, not junk like "posting in wrong category", "pretending to be non-human", "wearing white shoes after labor day." Now, the big trick is whether Y!A believes in itself enough to see that there is a problem and they are willing to work with the membership to fix it

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that they were taken out of the Mission, while eating their breakfasts.

we had to go through a computer programing traning

and it is 3 full months

by responding to the 'geeks wanted' ad

You'll never really find out.

I really don't know