Marilyn® asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Can you lose weight by sniffing apples and bananas?

i'm not retarded or trying to lose weight. this girl in science asked the teacher if you could lose weight by sniffing apples and bananas, and he made a face and said he doesnt know if its true or not. (she also thought thanksgiving was on friday lol)

is it true or just one of those myths that weird people make up?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well if smelling food and not eating it floats your boat then I guess you will lose weight. All a bit silly really!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Burn weight fast with this... https://nimbleurl.com/?93dgc
  • 1 decade ago

No. Even eating bananas and apples will not make you lose weight.

However, some cases have shown that sniffing chocolate will make you GAIN weight -- so smell can come into place in that sort of a thing. But the study was done on obese women whose bodies knew what the chocolate would do, so I doubt it would cause EVERYONE to gain weight.

Don't go sniffin apples :-)

Source(s): i look everywhere for easy ways to lose weight :-)
  • 1 decade ago

it's not true, it's not a myth.....it's just weird that someone would think that by sniffing apples and bananas you can lose weight

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If it's not going down you throat, then I guess that's not eating at all, so one would assume you would lose weight?

Apples & bananas are great healthy food...Most weight loss programs encourage the eating of healthy food + exercise

• L1ZZ1E
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Don't know if it works-and I heard it was lemons-but they say the smell is an appetite suppressant so she might not be mad after all!

and,how much do u want to bet that all the people that say it's retarded go and try it?!

:0)

Source(s): UK grapevine...x
  • 1 decade ago

Well I guess you would loose weight if all you did was sniff food, but then you would die since you wouldn't actually get any nutrition from the food. Just remember there is no such thing as a dumb question just dumb people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you won't lose any weight if you sniff those fruits and then go eat a box of Ho Ho's. smelling anything doesn't do anything - it's how many calories you consume and burn off that determines weight gain or loss. Period.

• 1 decade ago

no, if that were true everyone would be sniffing apples and bananas

• 1 decade ago

Wow, put on that helmet, and start running!

You wouldn't gain any calories, thus you would lose wieght, but your hunger would not subside!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.