Couldn't breathe in dream.. or when i woke up!?

This has happend a couple of times recently and it really scares me, does anyone else get this... like last night, i was dreaming about somthing and in the dream i was gasping desperatly for air and i just couldn't breathe.. then i woke up and i was still gasping til i calmed down and took deep breaths again.... show more This has happend a couple of times recently and it really scares me, does anyone else get this... like last night, i was dreaming about somthing and in the dream i was gasping desperatly for air and i just couldn't breathe.. then i woke up and i was still gasping til i calmed down and took deep breaths again.
It scares the life out of me because im really scared i might not be able to breathe.. wake up still not be able to breathe and suffocate or something!!! Is that possible?