Nida asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

is it safe to bleach my facial hair during pregnancy??

im 36 weeks prgnant ad getting ready for baby ......

Favorite Answer

you're good...

The basic rule for using pretty much anything during pregnancy is to only do it if the potential benefits outweigh the risk. I am unsure of the risks of using bleach, however I do know that chemicals are absorbed through the skin and passed on to the baby. I believe pure lemon juice and sun can be used to get the same effects as bleach, without the harmful chemicals.

I would maybe wait until after the baby due to the chemicals in the bleach that you may inhale and such. Probably not to good. But they have not found anything wrong with women dying their hair yet but i would just do it with caution if you really feel like you MUST bleach you hair...Getting ready for a baby? ok. Gl

No one has enough information to promise with certainty that using chemical dyes during pregnancy is completely safe, so many pregnant women wait until after the first trimester. At the same time, no one has any human data to show these chemicals cause birth defects.

ive heard you shouldnt use anything like that wen pregnant or even round babys your best off just ringing your doc for pro. help good look. why dont you leave your facial hair natural is better xx

Wait till after the babe's born just to be on the safe side.

Best wishes:-)

does it not say on the box something like consult your doctor if you are pregnant...?

id check what it says first hun and maybe ask the doctor or Mwife when u next see her

• kimble

it should be BUT please don't qoute me on it,If you hav'nt got the instructions go to a chemist that sells the same product & have a quick read to see the warning bit on it,good luck with the new baby.x

Just have a close shave!

• louie

bleach? why not just wax

yes its safe... dont worry and good luck