different definition of public relation?
give me at least five different definition of public relation
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. It's building and protecting your company image. For example, making sure your employees present a professional image when representing your company in the public eye.
2. It's showing support and concern for the community, perhaps by sponsoring or volunteering for a charity event.
3. It's protecting or rebuilding your company reputation through crisis management.
4. It's gaining publicity through working with the media, either in sending news releases or giving an interview for a story.
5. It's acting as a company spokesperson, again by answering media questions or going out and speaking to community groups.
6. It's helping to educate and motivate your company's employees, so they provide better customer service and present a positive image.
7. It's often communicating about your company by writing newsletters, press releases, annual reports, letters, etc.
8. It's working with your management team and other employees to plan and develop an overall brand/image for your company.Source(s): Twenty years in marketing. Five in PR. Find out more about different aspects of PR at http://www.marketing-small-business.net/public-rel...
- 1 decade ago
"Public Relations is a set of management, supervisory, and technical functions that foster an organization's ability to strategically listen to, appreciate, and respond to those persons whose mutually beneficial relationships with the organization are necessary if it is to achieve its missions and values." (Robert L. Heath, Encyclopaedia of Public Relations).