Please help me balance equations i dont understand n e thing...?

hey i have chemistry n everything is way to confusing n im trying to catch up.. i need help with balancing equations obviously. im not balancing chemical equations so dont post n e thing up like that. __Mg+__02 ---> __Mg0 sorry for the font type. but this is a basic example that i really need help on. I do... show more hey i have chemistry n everything is way to confusing n im trying to catch up.. i need help with balancing equations obviously.
im not balancing chemical equations so dont post n e thing up like that.
__Mg+__02 ---> __Mg0
sorry for the font type. but this is a basic example that i really need help on. I do understand how to determine the number of atoms for each element of course.. but then when an element is not equal with the other side where do i start off from there? and how do i know what numbers to fill in the blank? please help me and try not to go off topic and actually help me understand this... some one answer this asap
thanks!.....