Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 decade ago

GOP Margin and RevPar index?

I am really getting involved at work. I attend these meetings with the Resident Manager of the hotel I work for and we all discuss the hotels productivity. New to this, I need to know what a GOP Margin is and is it how much the hotel makes each year. I really need to know what RevPar is period!

• Tim F
    Favorite Answer

"GOP" is the abbreviation for "gross operating profit". In the hotel industry, the GOP Margin is net sales revenue less direct operating expenses. Thus, the GOP margin is calculated before interest, franchise fees, and the like.

RevPAR (note how it is usually capitalized) is the abbreviation of "Revenue Per Available Room". It is the single most important financial ratio in the hotel industry and is calculated as equal to "average price per room sold" times the "occupancy rate".

See the introductory articles cited below for additional information.

Please re-post with additional information about your hotel, so that we can inform you about the hotel's sales and profit.

Hope this helps.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

GOP Margin and RevPar index?

Source(s): gop margin revpar index: https://shortly.im/aEWf5

Revpar Index

how much standart GOP in 3 * hotel ?