What is the best Blu-Ray Player I can get for the money?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Currently none. No existing player meets the spec that came into effect Nov 1, 2007. You need to wait until probably December or Q1 2008 to get compliant players, and even then they may or may not meet BD-Live 2.0 spec which will, at some future date, finally add the requirement for a LAN connection. Note that HD DVD has had ALL the features that Blu-Ray is now (oh so slowly) adopting since day one. See 1st link for details.

That said, the Samsung BD-P1200 is probably the best one going (See 2nd link for a review).

• 1 decade ago

not a ps3. they are having issues with the drives failing from watching movies on them, just like the ps2 did.

best bet if you need a nextgen player now is to get a combo player. one that does both blu-ray and hddvd. since there is not clear winner yet, getting just a blu-ray player could leave you in teh same boat as those with Beta players. or laserdisc players.

the combos cost about as much as the cheapest blu-ray players, which is as much as the expensive hddvd players.

your best bet is to wait until next year though, when a winner may be decided or more predictable.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with 2 comments already listed...PS3 is the best for the money. However, the format war is still brewing and HD-DVD recently struck a big hit with the $100 Toshiba A2 HD-DVD players.

I'd wait it out a little longer before buying a dedicated player

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

PS3 is the cheapest blu-ray player.

Its also a games console lol!

At the moment its probably the best option.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

pioneer not made in china like the rest of them if you buy their plasma you get a 5 year warranty and your blue ray will also get a 5 year warranty which is good in this day and age with such a throw a way society

• Zenkai
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

PS3, Sony sells them at a loss

They got one for 399

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why bother it is not going to take off just going to be BETA all over again only people who will end up using it will be proffesionals.

• 1 decade ago

A PS3

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.