Why is the Drudge Report always looked down upon?

The Drudge Report has become one of the highest ranking news sources in the World. So if it only has links to news sites, why do people (in particular, democrats) speak ill about drudge?

I'm looking at the website, not the commentator, just FYI.

For the last few individuals, can you point me to an article or something that shows that Drudge was being fed "Talking points"?

Please back up your claims with some evidence!!

Favorite Answer

I've always believed that part of the fun of research is to read something you DON'T agree with and prove it wrong. Makes people take notice when you can prove it is a lie.

I think Drudge is a good place for news. Take what it says and follow up. No one should ever take one news source and count it as fact.

Because the site is a bunch of made up right wing propaganda. It is a tabloid full of smears against anyone patriotic enough not to buy into the right wing agenda.

It is nothing more than what Christians call "bearing false witness" and it shows the moral abyss that is the Republicon party.

Because several years ago it was discovered that the Bush White House was using Drudge to vet "talking points" and leak out pseudo-news favorable to the administration, just like they did with the Armstrong talkshow host character.

Once a media outlet does that, its journalistic integrity is pretty much shot.

I guess just because of Matt Drudge's political views.

But honestly, even though I don't always agree with him, he's pretty good at getting information and getting it out fast, before anyone else. So he deserves credit for that.

it is only looked down upon by those who don't like what he reports. usually, they are the same people who who hate fox news...go figure.

Perhaps it's charming name?

lack of banner ads and articles kissing dem's a$$es.

Because it is almost always wrong.

possibly for its incredibly slanted perspective?

Its a good site.