What actor played the best "Doc Holliday" -- Val Kilmer in Tombstone or Dennis Quaid in Wyatt Earp?

Favorite Answer

I think they were both great, but if forced to choose one I would say Dennis Quaid.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): actor played quot doc holliday quot val kilmer tombstone dennis quaid wyatt earp: https://tinyurl.im/7qN2F
  • pax

Doc Holliday Tombstone Actor

Jason Robards played Doc Holiday opposite James Garner as Wyatt Earp in the movie "Hour of the Gun " Mr. Robards portrayal of Doc Holiday was excellent, between him and Val Kilmer I would have to say they're performance's where perfect. Would like to see a movie about Mr. Holidays life.

Doc Holliday Actor

Totally, different styles of movies and performances. Kilmer was just great as Doc. His performance was more entertaining as was Tombstone, but Quaid's performance was probably more true to the character and very, very underrated. Honestly, both were really good.

Dennis Quaid in Wyatt Earp was better in my opinion, he had lost a lot of weight and for me was more credible in the role of the death ill Doc Holliday.

Ciao Robisirt

No-brainer. Val Kilmer. Quaid was wooden and he was 'acting' whereas Kilmer WAS Doc.

I loved both movies, which were released about six weeks apart! Val Kilmer had the quiet visciousness of a viper, but Dennis Quaid's Doc wore his heart on his sleeve; it was no secret if he loved or hated someone.

Best lines from both:

Val Kilmer: "I'm your huckleberry!"

Dennis Quaid: "I wanted to kill him, but was restrained by...self control."

Who's best? Kilmer, no Quaid, no, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

• Shunda

Definitely Val Kilmer!!

Val Kilmer... Doc Holiday was known as a drunk, a gambler yet very sophisticated with a fast draw..

Whereas Dennis Quaid just acted like a Hillbilly with a gun...