I pass by lamp posts on the street and they turn off, and on sometimes. Does anybody have an explanation?

It happened, probably more than 15 times already. At first, I didn't pay attention to it. But it came to a point when I was actually expecting the light to turn off everytime that I had to look at the light and it would turn off just as soon as I looked at it! It's kind of creepy. I keep on imagining things... show more It happened, probably more than 15 times already. At first, I didn't pay attention to it. But it came to a point when I was actually expecting the light to turn off everytime that I had to look at the light and it would turn off just as soon as I looked at it! It's kind of creepy. I keep on imagining things that might be a reason for it. They're kinda funny but I can't help myself!
Update: It's probably just a coincidence but there's this one time i passed by this streetlight and it turned on. I was a little freaked out and I thought maybe the next streetlight will turn off and then I looked at it and guess what... it did turn off as I looked at it. This thing happened more than twice... show more It's probably just a coincidence but there's this one time i passed by this streetlight and it turned on. I was a little freaked out and I thought maybe the next streetlight will turn off and then I looked at it and guess what... it did turn off as I looked at it. This thing happened more than twice already. It's really scary.
The answers posted reflects all the other people I've talked to about this. They're all thinking that I'm too paranoid. But you'll never understand the feeling until you are actually there, experiencing it over and over. It's really freaky. I do hope it's just coincidence like they all say it is..