Website Design Commissions?

When someone pays you to create a website for them, how does it all work?

What is the pricing and how is that worked out? For example, is it per page? And basic website vs complicated design?

What sort of info do you promt from the client and when do you show them progress in case they want things changed? When is payment made? Should a contract be signed also?

What if the client wants you to make a small update in the future? Do you charge them? How much?

Any other tips?

Thank you. :)

Best Answer

There are probably as many answers as there are webmasters, as each has his own way of doing business. I find that billing web design at an hourly rate works best for me. I normally use a subdomain on one of my sites to publish the design, so the client can watch the progress of the site design. I usually do not charge for quick fixes that only take 5 minutes or so, as it builds good customer relationships.

I don't remember but i have heard about it. You should do deep search in Google.