Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

poll: Are you very poor; poor, low middle class, middle class, upper middle class or very wealthy?

and what nation do you live in right now? (not where are you from)

what in your opinion puts you in the class catagory that you put yourself in?

What class catagory were you born and raised in?

I'll go first:

I'm American

I consider myself lower middle class....poor would be more acccurate.

I grew up in a middle class home.

I put myself in poor/lower middle catagory because I rarely have money left over after I mail in bills for groceries or gasoline....and I have a lot of debt because I have to charge those things pretty often. I work 48 hours a week. I work in health care and I do not have any health coverage at all. I just watched the excellent movie "Sicko" and cried my eyes out and thought of moving to Canada or France...pretty pathetic for an American to think that huh?

Favorite Answer

American, grew up in middle-class home, consider myself in a "poor" class because: I work a 24 - 32 hour week, but my pay is about 7 months behind. I'm a live-in employee of a homeless shelter, & our salaries are paid from grants (which are few & far between) & private donations (even rarer). This sort of work has it's own reward if one can put into it from the heart.It's not something that is done simply for the money (obviously), but if it didn't provide a roof over my head, & free meals, I'd have to move on to something else. God's grace provides for my needs, & I'm content w/o dwelling on my wants.

• Tammy

Upper Middle CLass

We are a middle class family right now.

We are American.

We are middle class because I only work part time because I go to school. We have enough money to pay all of our bills, and still go out every once in a while. We don't have much debt and refuse to use credit . We have a nice house, which we are remodeling and still drive nice cars. Still, we are both frugal with money by nature. Once I get my degree, I hope we will move into the upper middle class category.

I grew up poor/lower middle class. My dad was a coal miner by trade but couldn't seem to keep a job very long. My mom supported us most of the time and there were (6) of us kids.

Middle class. My husband and I work 40 hours a week each. We have health care and almost always have money left over after paying the bills. The only debt we have is 1 car with a payment (1 with out) and our house. We don't charge anything. We have a nice house and nice things in it. I would say we have it good.

I live in the good ol' USA. I am lower middle class (40K a year). I live like I am poor though becuase I have 8 kids and 40k doesn't cut it when you have that many mouths to feed. I grew up in a lower middle class home. It is my goal to make 6 figures within the next 5 years. Pray for me.

• Upper middle class. Live in America but have family in Europe

I am very poor i live on social benefits i have 3 children 19 weeks pregnant no husband engaged but dont live with each other yet. Saying that i have worked all my life until the children came along so i am proud

From the UK

I'm American

grew up in a middle class family

I am I guess poor because I live on a SSI check. But hey what can you do?

I'm American, born, raised and still middle class

American

Upper middle class --due to the fact that im not loaded down with HUGE debt.. and i have things i want/need