My dog wont let me attach his leash to his harness!! need help asap!!?

I just adopted a 3 years old min pin. When I got him he had one of those choker chains on and it was rubbing the hair off his neck ( making it raw). I bought him a harness and he tried to bite me as i was putting it on. Now, when it's time to walk him, he gets all excited, then he sees me trying to attatch the... show more I just adopted a 3 years old min pin. When I got him he had one of those choker chains on and it was rubbing the hair off his neck ( making it raw). I bought him a harness and he tried to bite me as i was putting it on. Now, when it's time to walk him, he gets all excited, then he sees me trying to attatch the leash, he runs under the bed or table. I need help!! It literally takes half an hour just to catch him so he can go to the bathroom. How can I get him to like his leash and harness??