Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

AFC vs. NFC?

I am still amazed that so many of you believe the AFC is that better than the NFC. Just because the Pats are the best team in the conference, it does not mean the AFC is that much better. Parity exists and the NFC has caught up. Just look at the inter-conference games over the last couple of weeks. The NFC comes out ahead.

Dallas and Green Bay are better than Pittsburgh, Baltimore and any other team (aside from the Pats) in the boring AFC.

Wacthing the AFC is like watching my grandma knit. Wow! It's Cleveland vs, Baltimore...how the heck do you stay awake for that?

The Pats are the only true bright spot for the AFC.

• Reese
    Favorite Answer

interesting question. I have always thought the NFC wasn't as weak as people make it seem. Besides from the Pats,Colts and Steelers, you really don't have any threating teams. The NFC has stepped up this season and I think people are afraid to admit that. That is why they keep bring up the Pats.

Another thing that annoys me is with the talk about the Packers. How long can you last in saying they aren't NFC champ. contenders. They are tied with the best overall record with the Pats out beating the Colts, Cowboys and Steelers. You look at the AFC and say... they have 3 good teams. You look at he NFC and say they have 3 good teams.Yeah, you can say the AFC dominates with the running game and the amount of SB since 96 but other then that, I don't see a lot of differences.

Good points. There was a time when the AFC might of had an edge in head to head match ups. That time is over. The NFC has caught up. The two are equal from top to bottom.

Do not be surprised if an NFC team wins the superbowl. The Patriots are not perfect. The Colts proved that. And the Colts themselves are far from perfect. The Colts lost to the Chargers. The Chargers lost to the Packers and Minnesota...badly. I think the Packers would match up well with New England and are flatout better than the Colts.

Are you stoned? The patriots and colts could destroy any team in the NFC with ease. The Cowboys are good but proved they can't hang with the Patriots, something the colts were able to do. I disagree with your assessment of Green Bay beating Pittsburgh. Green Bay has a fairly good defense and a great passing game but has no run game, and Pitt's defense would shut down a team that isn't multi-faceted. The cowboys are the only NFC team that could be a contender and playoff team if it was in the AFC. The AFC has dominated the Super Bowl for how many countless years now? Baltimore has fallen off and their offensive production is horrid so they don't belong in a conversation of the elite teams. Bottom line is, AFC has more complete teams than the NFC.

• Jon R

I really wish people would get off of the Steelers' nuts. I really do wish the Cleveland had held on to win so I could have a week without all of these Pittsburgh fanbois smelling up the place.

Steelers offense is nowhere near the Cowboys' right now.

Their defense is just a little above average, not even as good as the Colts.

I can't wait until Dec 9, when we get the Steelers in our house, and finally shut their trash filled mouths up for good.

I disagree. Dallas and Green Bay have benefitted from the weakness of the NFC in who they have played. The top three teams in the NFL are AFC; NE, Indy, and Pittsburgh. Each has better offenses and defenses than the Cowpatties or Packers (or any other NFC team). It's not even close at this point.

WTF The Steelers would kill the Packers and the gay *** Cowboys, anyways the NFC sucks man, and the AFC is dominant lately! know ya **** before you post a question like this and your funny packers and cowboys better than my Steelers your funny LOL 1st off all the Cowboys couldn't even beat the Pats, and the Steelers would kill Tony bum *** Homo, and the Colts suck cause they lost to the Chargers, oh yeah the Pats cheated to so that is why they are 9-0, but Im a Steelers fan so **** the NFC, the AFC wil win the superbowl this year just watch!

Umm....the Packers just rushed 120 yds against the 2nd rushing defense in the league. Also the Packers have the most Passing Yards in the NFL. I can also add their defense is pretty good help AD under 50 yards...

the nfc west and south are terrible the packers dallas and giants are the only good teams in the conference

Im with you on that i only watch the cowboys. pats are doing really good . for the super bowl this year its going to be the pats and th cowboys

While the Colts looks a little sluggish tonight. I think they are also much much better then Dallas or Green Bay.

But you are right that there isn't a lot of difference after that.