What do you think of the Confederate Flag? I dont need a hitsory lesson.?

I dont need a history lesson. And i would like it it most non-confederates answered the question (i already know there side). And do you think the NCAAP is right for there fight against the flag?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Kitten
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some people think that flag is bad since it was a Confederate flag. Sometimes people from the KKK have those flags. But other people say the flag isn't bad. Like they'd sell shirts with the flag on them and my cousin even had the flag hanging in her room(she's not racist or in the KKK or anything of course). And once on the bus there was this guy with the flag on his cell phone and a kid asked him why he had that flag and the guy said "What are they teaching you in school? The flag isn't racist or anything". I really don't care if someone has that flag, as long as it doesn't have to do with the KKK or anything like that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Confederate States of America no longer exist, and haven't existed for over 100 years now. No one who was alive back then is still alive today, so I really don't understand the "patriotism" and pride that goes into displaying the Confederate flag. It really shouldn't be an issue today- the country it stood for is no longer there, we are all American, and the American flag is the one flag that we should display.

• 1 decade ago

By the way its NAACP.

Such an answer requires at least that all banners/flags have at some time flown over disgrace/murder/or worse.

With that said I will stop remembering my ancestors,and do away with that flag if you and all others will do likewise with your banners flags and days of remembering.

I admit my ancestors started a war known as the war of the rebellion that they should not have.

However its history.

• 1 decade ago

Alot of people rock the confederate flag because their truely reppin the south which I can dig. But then you have some people using it as a form of racism which is why the NAACP is always fighting against it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • weisse
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

People can own whatever flag they want.

If they are going to fly it on a flag pole they need to abide by the regulations but apart from that good on them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm a Northerner that believes it is a good reminder of what this nation lost so long ago.And the NAACP has no right dictating anything to anybody.http://www.sweetliberty.org/s1.htm

• 1 decade ago

Frankly, I think you do need a history lesson. The stars and bars does not stand for the hate associated with it.

• 1 decade ago

I live in NC (was born and raised in MI) and have come to learn that in NC, at least, it's not a racial thing anymore- it's "rebel" and blacks, whites, and everyone in between wear it on t-shirts, hats, and the like. I don't think it holds the same meaning anymore. At least that's how it is on eastern NC.

• 1 decade ago

Different people fly it for different reasons. Most people who fly it are likely rednecks. I don't really give it much thought just like I don't give the N word much thought. They're conversation pieces

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think the flag is obsolete. The South lost. Also, it holds racist and negative connotations for me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.