Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 1 decade ago

how do u sing high notes?

i can't sing high notes without going squeak or having nothing come out from my throat!

Best Answer

hey dont listen to some of these people it is possible for you to go higher it all revolves around your larinx before you go and hit a high note do a big laugth and try and keep that posture in your neck because you are raising the larinx it will not come straight away so dont wory if it dont work keep trying

Singing high notes can often end up being embarrassing for some people who have yet mastered the skill. The reason singing these notes can be so hard is because it requires the use of an area of our voice which is not used often in our day to day lives. This is why if you are just starting out it is so difficult. The biggest problem most singers have when singing these notes is caused by tension in the larynx and lack of focus in the resonators. To sing high notes properly, you need to release the tension to make a more resonant sound. Here are some tips on how to sing high notes much more easily.

The first step is to make sure you warm up your voice. Like runners do when they stretch their muscles, you should also prepare your voice for what is about to come. If you have every got up and just started to run without warming up your muscles, you know how painful it can be. The same is true for warming up your voice. You can warm up your voice by simply humming or sirening. You'll have a much greater chance of hitting those notes if you always perform your warm up routine before you start singing.

Breathing is also essential for singing well as it provides the energy that is required to support your voice. The correct breathing technique for singers is that you are breathing low and expanding your lower rib cage along with your abdomen. If you are breathing with your chest then you aren't doing it correctly. You must also be standing in an aligned position to breathe properly. Breathing provides the foundation and support for all singing, so it is important that you have mastered these techniques before attempting to sing high notes.

Click Here : https://tr.im/howtosingbetter

Well it may just be your range, but you can always extend your range with practice. Sing some scales and other warmups that go higher in range. Don't push yourself too hard, but go as high as you can on an AH vowel until that gets comfortable and then just keep increasing how high you go by maybe one note at a time.

Also, remember to breathe from your diaphragm (in your abdomen) and not just from your chest. Make you open your mouth pretty wide and don't sing through your nose. When you sing, you should feel a vibration in the front of your face or in your forehead.

Most importantly, just practice. You're training a muscle, and great performance doesn't come without hardwork. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Source(s): Experience, performance, lessons

My Dad took voice lessons for 8 years when he was a kid and I've always had trouble hitting the high notes, but when my Dad told me to push from my diaphragm and get a bunch of air, it really helped. Also he said that if you practice trying to hit that note eventually you will get it, but it doesn't just happen over night, but I'm sure you'll do great! Keep trying!

You should sing using your stomach and not your throat. If you sing your throat, you will hurt your vocal cords whereas if you sing with the air from your stomach, the sound is more round and you can hit a larger range of notes without "cracking" your tone.

Ummm i've never taken lessons or anything, but when i played flute, to get out the high notes you have to push a lot of air through your instrument so one day i tried that for singing high notes and it worked! So now i just push more air through the high notes and they come out much clearer!

Anyone can make high notes if they keep on practicing. Everyday while you are taking a shower try to go one baby step higher. Eventually you will hit the note you were trying to get.

Source(s): experience (:

squeeze ur buttcheeks?!?! that's just crazy. well i learned from my singing teacher that when u are trying to sing high notes you have to have a lot of air. you have more air by opening your throat. to learn how to do this, pretend you have a cup of water in your hand and then put it up to your mouth and pretend to drink. your throat should open. once u master it, try to take in a lot of air and keep your throat open even though it will want to close the higher the note. trust me it really works. a lot better than squeezing your buttcheeks! lol. if it doesn't, i learned another way where you make a squeak noise as high as you can then when you try to sing the high note, it is a lot easier. it sounds funny, but try it. if that still doesn't work, i know one last option. my teacher taught me another way that is hart do describe, but i will try to describe it. take your 2 pointer fingers and put them up by your chin with your nails facing eachother, if that makes sence. then move them in 1 circle going up toward your nose and back down to your chin. when you do this, move your body with your fingers by standing on your tiptoes when your fingers are at the highest point. you are going to take in a breath with an open throat and imagine it like a rollercoaster. you are just coming over the top and down the hill. you have to think of yourself coming down on top of the note. now do all of this really fast like in one or two seconds and then try to sing, it should make it a lot easier. i don't know how else to describe a circular breath and i hope that wasn't too confusinng. whenever you have to take a breath in a song u are singing, try to get into the habit of taking a circular breath. also when we breath, we tend to breath the opposite way we should. when we are sleeping, when we take in a breath, our stomache pops out. when we are awake and standing up, we aren't using our diaphram and we breath in and our stomache goes in. whenever u take in a breath, try to pop ur stomache out and it will make singing a lot easier. i hope one of those techniques will work for u.

Source(s): my singing teacher Mrs. Jolley

lucky. I can't sing any notes. well, good or without people plugging their ears, anyway. once I lost my voice and sometimes when i talked nothing would come out and I felt really stupid cuz my teacher asked me a question and I knew the answer, but I couldn't say it. my best friend laura called me squeeky

you have to have a naturally high voice, its not just gonna happen cuz u try really hard...if u cant sing high notes then just be an alto!!