How can I prepare to become a neurosurgeon?

I am just a freshman in high school. I have a long ways to go until college. I have all A's. There have been situations where I was the only person in a class to get an A on a test in math. Recently, my friend and I got the highest score on a test in Biology (The teacher says only few got... show more I am just a freshman in high school. I have a long ways to go until college. I have all A's. There have been situations where I was the only person in a class to get an A on a test in math. Recently, my friend and I got the highest score on a test in Biology (The teacher says only few got "'amazing"' scores, and we were one of them, she says). Other stuff like that in other classes like English, etc.. I read for at least an hour a day. I'm planning on taking summer school to get ahead and get into college level classes faster.
I don't know if I've just given useless information or useful information. Do you think that this is enough to get ready for college to medical school to my path on becoming a neurosurgeon? Can some answer on what else I can do to prepare?
I know all about the salary issue. I know that a lot, if not all jobs in the medical field (especially surgical field) make a lot of money.
I want to help people; I want to be respected.
1 answer 1